Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering

After 5 years, you would think I would be 'over' what happened. Yet, I still want to cry when I watch any documentaries/coverage from that day. I don't think this is something I will ever be 'over'. I remember feeling that first real sense of pride in my country within hours of 9/11, which was something that I didn't feel very strong about before, but somehow the horrid tragedy made it so much more real. I cried hearing the stories, watching the coverage, and while saying my prayers. I also have a fear now, and I don't think it will ever go away. I don't think I have been to the Georgia Dome for a football game since 9/11 without getting scared and thinking what if. I haven't watched the Super Bowl without thinking the same thing. I hope that during all the investigations, that our government has learned better ways to protect us, but I still don't feel secure. I'm sure most American's agree with me - I don't think that Sept. 11th was a conspiracy or anything like that, but I just don't feel 100% safe. If something like that happened before, it can happen again - THAT is what is so scary.

I know this day is a very hard day for thousands of Americans. I will pray for them, and for our country today.

No comments: