I have been planning on getting Peyton a swing set for his birthday for a while. At first, we were going to get a nice wooden one that we knew would last for years, but OH MY, have you ever priced one. The base models start at around $500ish and go WAY up from there. You can get a model in the $350 range from walmart but it didn't have the greatest reviews.
So, we decided just to get a old fashioned metal swing set that is much like the one I had when I was growing up. I found one at Walmart for $119, and another at Kmart for around the same price. And we have the money saved - but I have already bought him plenty of things for his birthday and Christmas and I'm having to tell myself NO MORE STUFF. Now, granted - half of it is 2nd hand stuff that I have bought at consignment sales, but that is fine! I really scored at the sale that I participated in a few weeks ago - and I've been collecting books all year and Target toys on discount as well. Point is, he has plenty already.
So - I'm thinking of waiting until taxes come back this spring (In Feb, I do taxes ASAP). Not sure. I hate to give him so many things all at once. Lots for his birthday in Oct - then Christmas. But then I don't know if we should get the swing set so he can enjoy it all winter, when you can actually go outside in Georgia! Ugh. I am happy with our decision to get a cheaper model though, and he will have tons of fun on it for a few years regardless. We were thinking of building him a custom fort in one of our large trees in the back yard instead of doing the expensive swing set anyway. And you can move the metal swing set when mowing the grass! Another plus!
I guess this post turned into a ramble...
No comments:
Post a Comment