Saturday, March 06, 2010

Scary Wednesday

Grandma Stella went to church with me this Wednesday.  She can't see very well at all.  Well we were walking through the church parking lot and she didn't see the speed bump and fell really hard.  She knew her finger was broke and I was going to take her to the ER, but he neck and jaw were hurting really bad (she pretty much hit face first) and the paramedic that goes to our church said we needed to call an ambulance.  It was so scary.  I nearly passed out!  But she is ok, she did break her hand, and she is black and blue all over her face and arms, but she is OK!

She handled it all very well.  I think I was more scared and shaking than she was!  I felt so guilty.  I should have been paying closer attention, but you forget these things, and we were just in the WRONG place in the parking lot at the wrong time.  If we would have parked anywhere else, it would have been ok.  Sigh.

She now has a bright blue cast on her arm.  Her color choices were neon colors - orange, pink, blue and green.  She thought the blue would be the best color for her. 

No comments: