Aunt Wanda was a very special lady that I truly wish I would have gotten to know better. I wish I would have spent more time with her over the years. She was a teacher for 30 years, a mother, a wife, a daughter and sister, a Sunday school teacher - but above all else, she was a Christian and now she is with our God in heaven. Many students would describe her as a 'favorite' teacher and just by being around her, hearing her stories of the kids in her class, you knew that she was one of the teachers that really cared.
I know that she is no longer in any pain. She has gone to be with Jesus in Heaven and she will never hurt again, ever.
And I'm not hurting for her. I know that she was at peace and that she was ready to meet Jesus. But I am hurting for her husband and two sons. She was young - her boys are young (in their 20's), and now they are without a mother. And her husband is also battling cancer right now. Wanda was a cancer survivor for over 10 years, but eventually it came back - in another form. Now we all need to pray for our uncle to be a survivor.
Times like this are when I really wish I could find the right words to describe how I'm feeling. I'm not very good with words or writing. I do know how I feel though. Every time I think of Uncle E or the two boys, I get a huge lump in my throat and have to hold back the tears. I can only imagine what it would be like to lose my mom or husband, and it makes me hurt so bad for them. And we need Uncle E to be strong and not give up. He is also in a fight for his life right now. I pray for him to get the strength to continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment