Sunday, January 20, 2008

First Crop Was a Success

We had the first crop yesterday.  It went very good.  Only 7 ladies came - kind of ironic considering that I named the website 7 (used the word not the number) scrapbooks.  I got 10 layouts completed.  First time I've done traditional layouts in a while.  I finished my 2006 album!  Yeah!  I really thought I would have gotten alot more done, but it is kind of surprising how hard it is to concentrate on picking out pictures and papers and getting the layout done when you keep talking!  Ha.  Next time I plan to be more organized before it starts so that I don't have to pick the pictures out and stuff like that, I can just get it done.  We will see.

Tomorrow we are taking Peyton to see a speech therapist.  He isn't talking at all, not one word besides Mamamamamam and Dada - and he should be saying 5 words by now in addition to mama and dada (according to the doctor) so we decided to go ahead and make the appointment.  We are not worried, he might just not be ready yet - and he is so far ahead with everything else (walking, motor skills, etc) but he made no progress in the talking department over the last 3 months - so I don't want to wait until his next appointment and it be the exact same way.  She will evaluate him and we will go from there.  I wouldn't be surprised if she says come back in a few months - I guess we will find out tomorrow.

1 comment:

KellyLee said...

Yeah, what a great turnout. Does anything get done when ladies are yakking away? I have always heard boys talk later than girls. Chloe doesn't seem much interested in talking at all. I always hear girls are chatterboxes...not CHloe. She does love to babble...but will not practice any words.