And it is depressing.
We came back from Vacation to a dirty house, no food, and an overgrown yard...boo hoo hoo...
But I had a crazy crazy week before we left for vacation, so I should probably update with that before I go into the details of our vacation.
Sunday, March 21st, Papa Passed Away. He went to be with Jesus and his wife in Heaven. Or with "Jesus in the Heavens" as Peyton would say. The viewing was Tuesday night and the funeral was Wednesday. So the week was very stressful and somewhat emotional. But you know what, it was probably the happiest funeral/wake I have ever been to. Yes, people were crying, but not near as much as at some funerals. It was so great to sit and hear all the wonderful stories about Papa from all the folks that he lived around, and went to church with. The people that he saw on a weekly basis. He was a true witness for God - daily. He talked about him all the time, and lived for him. He loved going to church, and he loved Worth co. He played softball until he was WAY too old to play, he didn't miss a high school football game in probably 40+ years, etc. He had a wonderful heart. I don't think I ever heard him say anything bad about anyone, ever. And that isn't something you can say about most folks. He lived 86 wonderful years, and will now live for eternity in Heaven.
I also had an interview on Thursday for a promotion. My first interview in a LONG time. And the format where I work now is way different from industry. But I think I did pretty good. Don't think I'm going to get the job. But I think I did pretty good. I'll be more prepared for the next interview...
Then we left for the beach on Friday...more to come when I have time. I did take my journal and wrote daily to capture all the details, so I doubt I will write everything here. But I do want to write some reviews on Trip Advisor - I LOVE that website. So I will make sure to update here too. The first impression of the resort was 'Dump with a View' and the first night on the small hard bed was so bad we were wondering if we would be coming home in just a few days instead of staying the whole week...however it turned out to be a nice vacation, and we ended up enjoying the week very much.
1 comment:
yeah! Welcome back!!
Post a Comment