Well, since I haven't posted since Oct 24th (gasp), and today is the last day of November - I guess this will be an update for the whole month. I've gotten really bad - but I'm going to try to change that in December. I'm still updating Peyton's journal weekly - but I still feel like I'm losing memories (or not capturing them all), which I don't want to do.
So here are some highlights from November -
- I created a Digital Scrapbook 2008 Calendar to give out as gifts for Christmas. It was a lot more expensive to print that I thought it would be, but I'm scared to print it at home because of all the colors. I might just give it a try though. I still need to print out two more copies. I got this template at http://www.theshabbyshoppe.com/. I also did a CD case mini calendar, which I got from Heather (one of my favorite digi scrap ladies - she is on the Scrapbooks Etc magazine design team). Her site is: http://www.heatheranndesigns.com/ . I also bought her awesome calendar toppers - but I think I've had enough calendars for this year so I'm going to save hers for next year.
- My Birthday was earlier this month. I had a good birthday. Nothing too fancy. I got money from everyone, and I'm saving it all up for a digital SLR. I've been wanting one for a LONG time!!!
- The Veteran's Day Holiday was the 12th. And I did something that I have never done before. I took Peyton to Ms. C's and I stayed at home all day and did what I wanted to! I scrapbooked ALL DAY LONG. I finished his little Mickey Mouse Mini Album and I got started on his 1st Birthday Mini Album (which I have finished now). It was a lot of fun. I would like to do this one day each month. it was a nice way to recharge *me*. Being a working mom can get very tiring and the stuff that we want to do gets pushed to the side many many days and the weekends go by way too fast. Of course, I don't have much leave - so I'm not sure how I could make that happen, but it is a thought. Maybe take an early afternoon off every so often. We shall see.
- We bought a used Truck, so we are in the processes of trying to sell our older car. The truck and our Honda are worth about the same price, so it should be an even trade. I'm excited about this! Now if I find the 'deal of the century' while out thrifting - I can buy it and bring it home! Trucks also come in handy for lots of other things too - like moving furniture. We have only borrowed Eric's dad's truck twice this year and he makes a big deal out of it when we do, so now we won't have to ask anymore. I just pray we sell the car fast!
- Our Thanksgiving Weekend/Holiday was not very good at all. Eric had a tooth that has been bothering him, and we were hoping it could wait until Jan when our dental insurance kicked in to get worked on. Well, on Thanksgiving (Thursday) it started hurting him pretty badly, by Friday he had to make an emergency call into the dentist for antibiotics and pain pills. Saturday we had to call again for stronger pain pills. He was in horrible pain. On Saturday we were supposed to go to his grandfathers for a family gathering, but we couldn't go. He ended up sleeping most of the weekend b/c the only time he was okay was when he wasn't awake. Oh, and on top of all that, Saturday night he got a stomach bug and spent the whole making trips to the bathroom. So, Tuesday they did the root canal - and we had to put $1100 bucks on the credit card. Not fun at all!
- I did manage to make a few Black Friday purchases at Wal-Mart at 5am on Friday morning. The best of these being the Sony Cybershot Digital Camera for $80. Since we dropped ours, I've been saving up for a Canon Digital SLR - but those are around $700 and we just don't have the money right now. I almost bought it after my birthday and put the difference on the credit card, but thank goodness I didn't (especially considering the root canal I mentioned above). I would have really been stressing the balance if I would have done that. I also bought a portable DVD player for $50 bucks to give our 2 nephews for Christmas and a regular DVD player for the other two for $30. Oh, and I got Shrek 3 for $12 and we have already watched it 8 times!!! That movie is just too cute and funny (although the Princesses kind of get on my nerves). I got a few things for Peyton on sale also, including a baby video game thingie for $20 bucks and a Tent and Sleeping bag set for $15.
- I'm going to make a separate post to talk about all of Peyton's progress lately, but here are the highlights - he can now get up on the couch by himself (and other stuff too). He still isn't talking much, but he is using Mama and Dada much more, and starting to try to say things like Ball and Dog when we say it to him. He is still sleeping with us for the last half of the night most nights. I don't know how to get him to sleep through the night at this point. I'm just hoping for us to make it through this phase and when he gets a little older we will hopefully be able to reason with him and tell him he has to sleep in his own bed in his room. He is still drinking bottles too. That is another issue that I'm stressing. He is almost 14 months. He is NOT interested in the cup much at all. He just 'plays' with the water and spits it out all over himself. I hope he outgrows that soon too.
- Oh, and best of all, he has learned to KISS me. So sweet.
- And I have just about finished my scrapbook site. It is *very very* close to being finished. I have the code ready to upload to GoDaddy tonight (to my site). I'm so excited. And the church said it was ok to have the scrapbook crop day there (had to get approval), so now I just have to get the okay from the ladies I want to work in the nursery and I should be ready for people to start registering. I decided to make it free and not order lunch or have snacks or give aways or teach a topic or anything else special just to keep it simple for this first time. We can close the place for lunch so everyone gets the break and the ladies can come and go as they please. I'm getting excited. Can't wait to get a full day to scrap and meet new scrap friends in the area.
2 comments:
Yeah! What a GREAT update Natalie:) Sounds like things are going real well for you.
Are not little baby/toddler kisses the BEST!? Too cute;) He is getting so big, I can't believe it!!
where did you find that tent set?!?! I've been looking for one everywhere and can't seem to find one!
Awww, Peyton is growing up so fast. Aren't baby kisses the sweetest?
Post a Comment