Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hanging On

My first week of therapy is over, and surprisingly, it wasn't as bad as I had imagined.  It wasn't fun, but it wasn't horrible either.  I'm a very LONG way from using my arm - but I'm making progress.  I can finally type with both hands again (YEAH) and do little things like open a door.  I haven't worn my brace in almost a week either (except for when I'm in public), so I'm building the strength in my arm up that way too. 

I went back into work for a little while on Thursday, but I only made it a few hours.  I have to build my strength back up. I’m going to try to work from home on the days I have therapy and go into work on the days that I don’t.  They have to approve it first though.  Of course, i tried to work from home yesterday and I only worked for about an hour and a half.  working from home is harder than it sounds, it is hard to stay focused when the bed is so close, and other things are here to distract me.

I have a feeling that it is going to take more than 4 weeks of therapy to get this arm/shoulder back to normal.  which is fine, it is just hard some days.  I've been very positive for the most part though.  Just taking it one day at the time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you've had a rough time. hope it all continues to go well.