My first month of therapy is FINISHED. I have no idea how much longer I will be in there, but he is recommending at least 2 more months, 3x a week. UGH. the total is really starting to add up at $30 a pop.
But, I'm starting to see some improvements. This week I started doing some exercises where I was moving my arm on MY OWN. It is amazing such little things make a huge difference. Last Friday I left therapy in tears, this friday (thurs actually), I'm feeling pretty good.
My shoulder hasn't been hurting as much, but the last few days my arm is killing me. I think the area where the rod and my bone are 'fused' together is where it is hurting so bad. I think that could be where the bone grafts are and where it is in the process of healing. I really don't know, but I'm really ready to be out of pain. Everyday I have to remind myself of how bad it could have been and how scared I was that I was going to have cancer and be grateful.
God never sends us a trial that we aren't supposed to learn and grow from, so i'm just trying to figure out exactly what my lesson in all this is and make sure that I NEVER forget it - because I sure don't want to have to learn it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment