Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Van drama is over

If you have been reading, you know that we found out about a month ago that the van we bought back in Feb had been wrecked.  We traded it today on this:

It is very nice.  Same exact van that we had, except it is 2 years newer, a pretty blue color (our van was white), only has 5 miles on it (when we drove it off the lot) and it has NEVER been wrecked.  Oh, and we splurged and spent about 1,200 more to get the DVD and Rear Alert Backing system.  Our payments are almost exactly the same, but we did have to extend the time period of the loan and add 1.5 years onto it.  BUT - I have peace of mind, and we have made a promise to each other (E and I) that we are going to drive it for at least 200,000 miles.  Oh, and this van has DUAL sliding automatic doors - mine only had one automatic door.

One thing that I wish it had was alloys - but hey - I can deal with the wheel covers!  Just don't hit a pot hole because those things cost about $100 each!

And one last picture.  I took this while sitting on the 3rd row.  You can't see the flip down DVD player - but it is just out of the shot...

Most of all - I'm thankful (I've already said this) that the drama is OVER.  But also that the dealership gave us a great deal and honored the fact that they should have never let the other van off the lot being in the condition that it was in (bent axle from previous wreck, no spare tire, etc).  We could have never done the trade if they wouldn't have given us TOP dollar on our trade, and they did.  Which was what they should have done, but you never know if people are going to do what is right or not. We both prayed a lot about this over the last month while our van was in the shop, and we feel that is what helped everything go so smooth today. 

No comments: