Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm still here

Peyton's first birthday went well. Boy was I tired. I guess all these other moms that work and do everything else too are just super moms. I was super pooped. I was completely exhausted before the party even started, and thankfully I had the next Monday off to recoop.

My Grandma's house caught on fire on Saturday night. Everyone was fine, but as you can imagine it has been quite a stressful and family filled dramatic week due to that. It was my uncles fault (cigarette), so half of the family is very very angry with him. It was an accident though. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. It this was the only issue, then it wouldn't be so bad, but my family has lots of problems with addictions and he needs help. Big Time. Hope this helps him hit the bottom, ask God for help, realize he needs it and actually seek that help that is out there if he would just go and get it.

I have started a small scrapbook website (i'm still programming it) and business here. I've decided to start small. I don't see us openning a real store anytime soon, so this is my 'baby' step into the business. I hope this will help me figure out some things about the scrapbooking industry, maybe make a few connections somewhere along the way and locally figure out the market a little before i take the huge leap into a real store. So, starting in an January i'm hosting monthly crops at a local church for a small fee. The fee will cover door prizes and a small project or two during the crop. I'm also going to provide daycare for those that need it, which is the main thing that is really needed (for some anyway). I know that it would be hard for me to go to an all day crop if I didn't have daycare. I'm getting really excited about this though. I've got a website almost done. Business Cards started. T-shirt Ideas in my head. Projects sketched out. Lots and Lots of ideas. Exciting stuff.

We signed the papers to list the land with a real-estate agent today. They marked the price up 11k higher than what we were asking, but hopefully the advertising will help it get sold.

My mom's cancer is really starting to scare me. The spots on her hands and feet just keep multiplying. It is spreading really fast. They made her cream very strong. The current dosage will kill her skin, so she has to put it on very carefully. I guess she is going to have dead skin/white spots on her hands and feet, but it should stop the spread of the cancer. She is meeting with the specialist at Emory in Atlanta in December. I can't wait for that appointment.

Lots of changes at work. Changes that I don't like. I'm getting a new boss. I'm also having problems with some of the people on the team that I lead. I can tell that being a supervisor is NOT easy. One or two people on your team can really make your life hard. One guy in particular has been giving me much greif.

I had to go back on my daily medication for my migraines. It seems to be helping. I was starting to get them way too much again. I need to start keeping a log again, i just don't want to go back throiugh everything that I have been through in the past.

OH, and I'm down 30 lbs!!! YIPPIE for me. I'm so glad that I didn't give up. Time to go buy new jeans again. :)

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday Peyton!! (sorry it's late)

Congratulations on your new business. I can't wait to check it out.

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother's house, your mother's illness and the hard time you're having at your job. It seems like when something goes wrong everything else seems to follow. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon! We'll be praying for you and your family!

One more thing - hooray for weight loss!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weightloss! And starting a new business - that's so cool. I wish you much luck and fun with that. It sounds like you've got the right idea, starting out small. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother, and your grandma. I will be keeping your family in my prayers.