Sunday, January 31, 2010

Best/Worst of 2009

Don't know if I should get the bad out before the good or not...so maybe I'll just mix the two together in a monthly style...

 

Jan

- Paula began treatments for Ovarian/Lung/Abdomen cancer, she had a appt at Emory that gave us more hope that surgery could help. 

Feb

- Cardinals lost the Super Bowl to the Steelers

- Girls weekend with Peyton, Emily and the girls, at Aunt Kat's house

- Started trying to get PG with #2...still working on that

Mar

- It SNOWED, March 1st

- Paula had surgery to remove her ovaries - very successful and they saw almost no signs of cancer, it is ALL GONE!

- Peyton discovers Wubbzy (the cartoon)

- We bought a new grill

- I decided to start a garden

Apr

- Scrapbook Event in ATL.  Unfortunately, I think this will be the last one.  The new owner closed the store (within a year of purchase) - decided to only do online kits, and the events just seem to have disappeared, she is now having small get togethers at her house.  It is really sad.

- Actually planted my garden

- Thomas the Train was discovered by Peyton, and the rest is history

- Eric played softball at church with the men's team (they won the championship)

May

- I became a GARDENER!

- Our 8th Anniversary

- Peyton FINALLY started talking.  And it is the cutest thing!

June

- Taught 2nd graders in VBS

- Spent LOTS of time in Peyton's pool and working in my garden.   We love Summer!

July

- FINALLY made our bonus room into a playroom vs Storage room.

- Panama City Beach - the best vacation YET

August

- I started going a little coupon crazy.  That only lasted a few weeks though.

- I started teaching GAs at church on Wednesday nights.

Sept

- Eric went back to school

- I discovered the First Place biblical weight loss program, and I decided to start it at church - but it didn't start until Jan 2010 but that is ok.

- We played co-ed softball with church, and we both did pretty good...sad part is how out of shape we are!

- Peyton started preschool at Christ School on Monday's and Wednesday's

Oct

- Participated in the LOAD challenge - a Layout a Day

- Peyton turned 3

Nov

- Early Nov - want to say Nov 2nd, we had a nephew born, too bad we haven't met him due to the horrible relationship with Eric's brother and the rest of the family - this was really just kind of sad. 

- Peyton was dedicated at church Nov 22.  His 'life verse' that the preacher gave him was Romans 12:2

- Grandma Glad got inducted into the Atl Country Music Hall of Fame

- Eric and I spent ONE night away in Atlanta, went to the game the next day

Dec

- Wonderful Christmas

- I had surgery on the 17th

*I started this post on like 2 Jan, can't believe it took me ALL month to finally finish it.  But it feels good.

1 comment:

Donna said...

what did Grandma Glad do to be inducted?