One of the blogs I follow, has a blog your heart challenge monthly. I’m going to try to start participating.
1. Something happened last week that scared us both to our core. Last Monday, the day after Christmas, we got a call because Eric's cousins wife passed away suddenly of a massive heart attack. She was in good shape, not over weight, and was young (in her 40’s). Eric’s cousin is only in his late 30’s, maybe early 40’s and they have a son that is still in high school. His cousin is taking it really really bad, which is understandable!
Death is so scary, and it can sneak up on you so quickly. You can never truly be prepared and you never know when it is going to be your time.
This scared us both big time. Neither of us slept well for 2 days. And it is just a really sad situation as well.
Unfortunately we haven’t seen his cousin in a long time because after he got married, he became distant and hasn’t come around in years. I’ve been with Eric for over 17 years now and have only meet him once. But what scares us so bad, is how quickly your life can change. How precious it really is. And Eric has a heart condition, it is more like a arrhythmia (murmur), so he was scared a bit more than the average person, because he has had heart episodes on a handful of occasions himself. He takes special medications for it and has it under control, but he is only 32 so it definitely worries us for long term.
Just one more reason to get healthy, live everyday to the fullest, and make sure you really let those you love know.
2. Family issues! I actually went and talked with someone last month on base (for free) about our family issues. Thanksgiving (and being around family) always stirs up stuff. And I’m getting to the point that I’m tired of it and I just can’t stand being around certain family members. It is just getting OLD. Well the counselor helped me come to a few conclusions, I really need to blog about this in it’s own post. But I need to let it go, or we need to stop going around the family functions until certain family members clean up their act. It is hard. Life is HARD. But I don’t want to be stressing all the wonderful family holidays for years and years because these issues haven’t been dealt with. The boys are young now, but eventually they will pick up on the stress and I don’t want to put them through all that. Eric and I are going to continue praying about all this to figure out what we need to do.
3. Biggest Loser Challenge – starts today!!!
I’m so pumped. I’m down almost 20 lbs (from Sept). My goal is 50 by July for the beach. So I have approximately 30 lbs to go. If I lose 15 lbs in this 12 week challenge (I lost 15 in the last challenge) and then if I lose 15 again in the next challenge I’ll be looking and feeling so great. Just those 20 (OK – 18.6) lbs have me feeling soooooo much better. I even posted some pictures of MYSELF on Facebook for the first time in a YEAR. That is huge. It feels so great to start feeling like myself again.
4. Ryan is finally sleeping through the night most nights. And I’m sleeping in my bed, in my room. And those 2 glorious hours I get with Eric between the 8:00ish kids bedtime and our 10:00ish bedtime are priceless. PRICELESS.
5. I’m doing project life this year. I posted about that a few times in December, this being the most detailed post. I think I might even try to do the iPhone version of Project 365 because honestly, I take at least one iPhone picture a day anyway. I failed miserably at Project 365 in 2009 and 2010, so we will see how Project 365-2012 goes. I think I’m going to name it iPOTD.
If your interested in participating in Blog Your Heart , click the link/picture above which will take you to Stephanie’s blog.
2 comments:
i am so sorry for you and your husband's loss. how horrible. wishing that 2012 is beautiful,bright,blessed and creative.xxo
I totally understand you when you talk about your family issues. I have the same problem. Some people might just never get over it. It's also something we have to accept. Some people are limited or just limit their interactions with us on ONE mode only. I'm getting sick of it too, but I try to find a way to deal with it in a peaceful way, like in "Did I hear anything?? Nope…".
May 2012 bring you more peace.
Cheers from Bordeaux, FR
Post a Comment