What is project life???
If you have never heard of Project Life, check out the summary of it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHJ5pox_s2M&feature=player_embedded#!
One of my favorite bloggers (who I mentioned in my post yesterday) talked about her project life scrapbooks today on her blog this past Tuesday. Which is better known as Project Life Tuesday on her blog. http://www.themomcreative.com/2011/11/its-back-project-life-tuesday.html, which has a great video here!
So I have decided that I’m going to be doing the Project Life this year coming up – in 2012. I was having trouble deciding between the traditional or digital versions, but the one thing that kept coming up was the fact that I wanted to tuck memorabilia and the like into the book. Watching the video of Jessica’s books helped me make my decision. I’m going traditional!
I might not do every single week. I think that would be WAY too much for me to keep up with. So I might chose a week a month, or every other week, a monthly layout, etc. Not sure yet. But if I do a week a month – or even 2 weeks a month I’ll get to stretch out the use of the kit/supplies across a few years. Also, buy going the traditional scrapbooking route, I can use many of my current supplies to supplement the kit, I can add pages as needed, etc.
I’m getting pretty excited about this. If I can keep up with this on my own terms (once a month, twice a month, for special occasions, etc) it MIGHT just take place of my old scrapbooks. At least during this very crazy stage of my life!
Another thing that I think is really going to help me keep up with this project – my phone. I’m so glad my phone takes decent pictures. Because unfortunately I’ve been using it way more than my SLR for photos lately. Unless I’m doing a photoshoot of the boys or it is a family function or holiday, I don’t typically take out my real camera, which is pretty sad. So maybe doing this project will break me out of my funk in that department.
Oh, and another thing about me (I should have added this to my 32 things at 32 post) – is that I tend to be a pack rat when it comes to birthday cards, invitations, my boys art, etc. If this gives me one place to put most of those things that are special almost immediatly – well maybe they will keep from piling up on my counter and scrapbook/computer desk and actually be paired with the memory from the event! We shall see.
This is where you can buy all the stuff:
http://www.beckyhiggins.com/products/
And here are a few websites I have found while googling for inspiration:
http://theobanions.blogspot.com/2011/11/30-days-of-thanks-day-6-project-life.html
No comments:
Post a Comment