Thursday, November 10, 2011

32 things at 32

So, today is my 32nd Birthday.  Time has really flown since I had kids.  Actually, I can’t believe I’ve been married 10 years, or been out of college almost 10.  Seems like I graduated just a few years ago.  But I’m sure everyone says that.

So I thought I would do a 32 things about me at 32 post.

1.  I’ve started drinking coffee.  Probably not a great habit, but when I stopped drinking soda I really needed caffeine still.

2.  I’m enjoying iHeartRadio app on my phone.  The 4 stations that I’ve been listening to the most (that I created) are, Bon Jovi Radio (big surprise there), Guns N Roses Radio, Jessica Simpson Radio, and Backstreet Boys Radio.  :)

3.  Speaking of phone.  I got the iPhone in July.  LOVE IT.  LOVE!

4.  I had Ryan shortly after turning 31.  And I can tell a huge difference in my body (sleep deprivation, losing weight, getting sick easier, recovery period, etc) this time around vs last time.  If this is the difference after 30 I really am scared to know what will happen after 40 when everyone says that is when losing weight and all that really changes!

5.  I haven’t scrapbooked AT ALL in over a year.  Which is just sad.

6.  I still drive a very cool minivan. Ha.  And love it.

7.  I haven’t been as active at church lately.  Feel guilty about that sometimes, but I think that is more from expectations of those around me, not from within, so I’m trying to follow what I think I need to do not what others expect of me.

8.  I’ve lost 15 lbs in about 3 months, hoping to lose more!  About 240 days until the beach, using that as motivation.

9.  I love doing crafts and stuff with Peyton. 

10.  I didn’t do my garden this year, hope to do a small raised bed garden next year. 

11.  I still have all my craft stuff in boxes from when I boxed up Ryan’s room over a year and half ago.  Sad.

12.  Last Dec I made a big change at work, move to a new area, and I’m so happy that I moved when I did.  Most days I’m very happy that I moved.

13.  We moved my Grandma Stella into a retirement community where she lives in the independent living area.  I try to go by and see her about once a week.  It is hard some weeks, but I love going to see her!!!

14.  Just finished 3rd place in the biggest loser competition that I helped host with my friend Celese and myself. 

15.  I’m starting to get grey hair.  Actually I’ve been getting grey hair for a while, but it is starting to get to the point I’m considering dying it.  But I’m kind of scared!

16.  Nike is still the only kind of tennis shoes I wear.

17.  I want a new pair!  Or 2!

18.  I shop at Kohl's way too much probably, and I love Amazon.  Eric gets upset because I have a box on the steps daily almost.  (but I’m SAVING MONEY!!!)

19.  Ok, I’m going to be honest here, I’m having trouble coming up with 32 things!

20.  Still reading???  I’m not a very good cook and I really stink at meal planning.

22.  I’m loving being a momma and wife.  I actually just put down a promotion/lead job at work (which I’m hoping was the right decision) because I was afraid it would take me away from my family.  I know it was the right decision for our family, so I have to just stick with that decision and not look back.  But it is hard because it might not have been the right career move.  That is the hard part about being a working mom!

23.  I’ve become a very bad blogger. 

24.  Did you notice I skipped 21?

25.  My migraines are still horrible!  The last few months have been really bad.  They have been affecting my weekly life again (almost daily at times) and it is frustrating.  I really empathize with anyone that has to deal with this.  I recently read a book that defined it as a disease.  I had never heard it diagnosed as a disease, but I really wish they could come up with some answers!!

26.  I’ve been couponing again.  But I’ve decided to pretty much stick to just Publix this time and not go crazy with hunting down tons of deals all over the place.  My first three trips were decent.  Trip 1.  Spent $94 got $58 free.  Trip 2.  Spent $46 got $49 free.  Trip 3.  Spent $26 got $54 free.  So I’m improving.  This time I’m also focusing on only purchasing foods we will eat, foods that aren’t completely unhealthy, or foods that I can donate at church or Peyton’s school if they are practically free.  Last time I also spent lots of time figuring out what to buy where, this time I have discovered this handy website called iheartpublix.com and the lady is a gem – she maps out everything for you.  Wonderful.  So I prepare on Friday nights, then early Saturday mornings when I’m typically up with just Ryan, we go to the store.

27.  We are still huge Falcon fans.  I’m glad that Eric has kind of taken a chill-pill for college football though.  Planning our whole fall schedule around football was pretty hard and pretty impossible at times.

28.  Eric and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in May and I just opened a special savings account to start saving up for a special trip for our 15th anniversary.  I would really like to do something special, go somewhere for a week or more.  Somewhere on a boat or plane.  Or both!!!  I think we need to put aside at least $20 a paycheck for now, then when it gets closer to the date and we have a price estimate I can increase the amount, use some tax return money, etc.  Planning this far ahead will hopefully help us have a dream vacation.  Now to just figure out where that will be. 

29.  My tumor has been in remission for over 3 years now.  Praise the Lord!!!

30.  Yellow is still my favorite color.  But surprisingly pink is coming in pretty close to second lately…

31.  I really want to do Project Life next year.  I just can’t decide if I should do it digital or traditional.

32.  I mentioned earlier that I got the iPhone in July.  I think this is worth mentioning twice.  I think this is one of the best inventions of all time.  Smart phone.  Touch screen.  Being an engineer I really admire the ingenuity of Steve Jobs and Apple. 

33.  I figured since I cheated and skipped one I could add an extra one.  I’m a server administrator now.  After being a developer for 10+ years, I really didn’t think I would like this.  After about a year I’m finally figuring it out and starting to like it. 

But those are a few things about me at 32.  Honestly, right now I’m still having a hard time balancing reality and the wonder woman I have built up in my head.  It is hard sometimes to live up to my own expectations.  But the older I get, the more I’m learning to be happier, love myself more, forgive myself more, and grow!  I look back to the person I was just a few years ago and I can tell how much personal growth I’ve had, and I can really tell how much I have matured and grown in certain areas.  I have plenty of areas to work on still, but I’m looking forward to this next year. 

Blessings!

No comments: