Sunday, November 06, 2011

Being Intentional

Well this month I’m trying to be intentional about blogging each day.  So far I made it 4 days.  But yesterday was crazy busy (like my life) and just because I forgot yesterday, i’m going to continue with this blogging challenge and keep going.  So I’m going to blog twice today.

Yesterday Eric and I went to the Intention Love Marriage Conference.  He agreed to go back in June when I purchased the tickets.  But yesterday he wasn’t all that excited.  However, we both had a nice time.  Many points were made.  A few that stuck were about the type of person that you were – a Head, Heart or Hand person.  (I think we are actually both Head and Heart people), and how we need to embrace the way that God has ‘wired’ each of us instead of trying to make the other think and act like ourselves.

We also were taught on the concepts of living intentional.  Honestly, considering I listen to the radio show daily, I had heard lots of what he was teaching many times already.  However, we did pick our one thing to work on for the next month.  We actually picked two things.  One for our marriage and interaction with each other, and one for our personal goals.

I think the part that inspired me the most, was something he said in the first 10 minutes.  He had a big puzzle on a table in a million pieces.  He was explaining what a few of the pieces of the puzzle were.  Work, having kids, retirement, etc.  However, he said to put together that puzzle, it is impossible without having the picture as a guide.  And many of us go through life without the ‘goal’ in mind.  Where to we want to be in a year from now, 3 years, etc.  So we don’t really do anything to get there.  I do have some personal goals, for weight loss for example, getting my masters eventually, saving for our retirement, and so on.  But Eric and I have never really sat down and planned out things that we see ourselves doing next year or areas of our personal marriage that we want to grow or work on, etc.  We don’t have a bad marriage, actually some days it is pretty darn great.  Some days, we fight, that is life.  But I want it to be amazing!  So it got us thinking about a few things and I think that is a pretty good thing.

My blog for later today (to keep up with my Nov challenge) will be about my baby!  Today is his 10 month birthday! 

No comments: