Maybe I should start a monthly round up. Found the idea on Ali Edwards’ Blog here.
So…ROUNDUP TIME
- What books and/or magazines did I read this month? I read Warring Spirits by my friend April Gardner. Wonderful book! Wonderful followup book to her first book, Wounded Spirits.
- What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month? I really don’t watch that much TV. I haven’t watched a movie in FOREVER. But I have been watching the Biggest Loser weekly. It is so very inspiring!!!! I look forward to each weekly episode. Peyton hasn’t been into any one show lately, but Ryan loves Backyardigans and Fresh Beat Band. Eric’s favorite shows are still the same pretty much, that one show (top secret) that he has watched for years, and a newer show is popular right now called Gold Rush.
- What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends? Thanksgiving! (of course). Eric and I also went to a marriage conference at the beginning of the month. I thought that it was kinda fun, I’m not so sure if he agreed. :)
- What gifts did I give and/or receive? Eric got me a bracelet for my birthday, with one bead on it. And I’m using that bracelet as my weight loss bracelet. Each time I lose 5 lbs, I’m adding a bead to it. So far I have 3 beads. I’m down 19 lbs.
- What special or unusual purchases did I make? I bought Peyton an Angry Birds game from China. He had to earn this game, it wasn’t too expensive, but he had to earn 10 stars before I would buy it. Of course, during the 2 weeks it took him to earn those stars, Amazon sold out of the game and I then had to purchase it from China on eBay.
- What illnesses or health concerns did I have? Ryan and I both had a pretty bad upper respiratory infection. I missed 2 days of work. Ryan was sick for over 2 weeks, the nights were very rough!
- What were my accomplishments this month? I’m back on track losing weight. I lost approximately 5 lbs this month. Didn’t gain it all back during the Thanksgiving week. Didn’t lose focus while I was sick, just kept going.
- What were my disappointments this month? Family. My sister stooped to new lows. Found out my brother may have some issues as well, he is going to go home with my dad for a while to get away from some of the things here. Wish I didn’t get migraines, so I could lose weight faster, but that is something I’m learning to deal with.
- How did I do on my goals for the month? Did ok. Didn’t set too many goals. I tried to blog daily, I did ok.
- Anything else noteworthy to include?
- Mr. Taylor passed away on Nov 11th. (11/11/11).
- My sister ended up in the hospital very sick. I almost didn’t go to see her, but decided I should do the right thing, and what I should do instead of trying to treat her the way she would treat me. She was in ICU for almost a week.
- Heather kicked her out about a week ago (mid-Nov). That is probably a good thing, but that started a bad trail of events that will eventually catch up with her.
- Eric went to another dentist, again this month. I can’t believe how much it might cost us to fix the problems the dentist he went to when we first got married 10 years ago caused. Sigh.
- My dad earned his 5 year sobriety pin this month!
- The back of our house still has damage that we are fighting with the gutter company over for them to come fix. It is getting old.
- We started the star system for Peyton so he can earn things he wants. He wants a LOT. This way he can earn a few things!
- I discovered pinterest.com a while ago, but in the last month or so I’ve really started using it more. I wish I had more time to work on all the cool things that I see on there.
- We haven’t been going to church as much and I’m missing that!
- Eric got his new iphone 4S and I am still jealous.
The monthly roundup involves more than just answering questions. It also involves backing up your monthly pictures, ordering prints, backing up the blog, etc. Maybe my goal for the next month will be to figure out what I would like my monthly goals and roundup items to be. I’m pretty set on doing Project Life. I’m just trying to figure out exactly how I will do that. As I type this monthly post, I’m thinking that this monthly round up might fit perfectly into what I want to do with Project Life and the two might just go hand in hand together.
Goals for December.
- Lose 5 lbs
- Take more pictures (with the real camera, not my phone)
- Put up a tree
- Do some sort of memory capturing of our December activities
No comments:
Post a Comment