Monday, April 06, 2009

Getting cold again

It is actually getting COLD right now.  The week of Easter of course.  Peyton has his Easter pictures next Saturday morning, hopefully it will be pretty - as we already had to reschedule once.

Right now - I'm totally getting into trying to save money whenever possible.  I mean, I've never been one to spend money like crazy or splurge often - but I'm trying to get us ready for going one income.  Eric still hasn't found another job - so I started clipping coupons, getting the Sunday paper so I can see where the sales are and plan my menu accordingly, reduce our cell phone bill by about $50 bucks (not sure how long that will last, but we have rollover minutes that we might as well use at some point instead of letting them expire every single month), and we are *this* close to switching back to satelitte (saving $50 or so bucks a month as well).

So today - I saved $26 with in store coupons, store BOGOs, and the coupons that I brought from home!  SCORE.  And besides a few necessities that will be needed to be purchased before my next 'big' grocery run (milk, bread, bananas, etc) - I planned and purchased needed groceries for two weeks worth of food for $93 bucks. 

I also *made* laundry detergent last week.  No, we are not that broke - but it will save about $80 bucks - as it cost $7 to buy the supplies, and I used such a small amount of it to make the detergent that I know I can make it over and over.  And it still cleaned my clothes very well, and they were even soft.  AND it was fun to make!

My head is trying to hurt today.  I know it is from the drastic weather changes (probably anyway).  I hope that this doesn't turn into a 3 day migraine.

1 comment:

Donna said...

ok, so how do you make laundry soap???