Playroom BEFORE shot...
This was the $100 couch that was SUPPOSED to go in the Bonus/Play Room. However, you see it is sitting IN our Living Room - it would not fit up the stairs. Go figure...at least we both really like it...it just makes our living room the 'melting pot' of all types of furniture. One day we will get new - but it isn't high on the priority list right now...
Play Room AFTER!!!

See the lovely white cabinets in the background??? Eric made those when he worked at the cabinet shop - and they are finally up! Couldn't put the doors on the top b/c of the the ceiling - but that is ok!!!
Shelf - $10 (yard sale) - White Paint $13 - 4 coats of paint - a place to put all his books and toys - priceless...
I tried to give this TV unit away at 2 yard sales, and on Craigs list. Man, I'm so glad no one wanted it. It fits in the area perfectly...
I think that all the work paid off!!! This is our new favorite place to be! The pictures really don't show how much work really went into this room, and our living room. We had a ton of cleaning to do at every step. And moving 3 couches down our hallway to try to move up the stairs was so draining. We didn't know wether to laugh or to cry. After taking the 2nd full size HEAVY couch down the hall, getting it stuck in the doorway, and then back to the living room. We then really didn't know what to do - sell the couch that we had just bought, move the love seat upstairs, or what. I really don't like the way the living room looks right now, but it could be worse! At least the two couches are both cream. Eric also didn't get angry with me once! I think we were both too pooped from moving the furniture back and forth for him to get upset about the situation! At least he wanted to do the playroom remodel too! I think that really helped. He was very supportive and helpful...
And Peyton LOVES his new playroom. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment