Monday, October 23, 2006

Date night tomorrow

Tomorrow is our first date night. I know that it is early, and that it is going to be hard to leave him, but I have heard from so many people that it is really good to do this for me! My mom and Grandma are coming over, so I know that he will be in good hands. We are going to go out to eat, and then I'm going to buy something to wear next week for his pictures. None of my clothes fit, so I want to get a nice shirt to wear with my maternity pants. I might try and get my shirt/outfit to match Eric and Peyton's too, so we might end up getting them outfits/shirts. I just don't want to spend too much money.

I'm still very tired, but like I said before, it is getting easier. Peyton has slept for 4 hours straight ONCE now, and he has slept 3 1/2 hours quite a few times, so I know that 4-5 hours isn't that far off. His eyes are getting so much better already. I haven't had to clean them in a few days, so I think it might have cleared itself up.

We are going to start putting him in his room for his naps, so in a few weeks he can start sleeping in there at night. I'm hoping that by the time I go back to work (he will be 8 weeks) that he will be sleeping at least most of the night in his own room. I just don't want to put him in his room across the house until he is sleeping longer, b/c getting up and walking all the way across the house 4 times a night doesn't sound like much fun!!!

I'm not producing as much milk as I was, and I hope that it doesn't stay this way. I was getting around 3 oz per pumping session last week, but now I'm back down to a little over 1 oz each time. I bet it is my fault for getting lazy at night and not pumping at every feeding, so I'm probably going to have to do better. I just wish he could nurse. However, since he has been on the bottle for almost 3 weeks, he has no interest in nursing, but at least he is getting milk from me for about half of his bottles.

My dad came down to see Peyton and stay for the night, so my sister and her family and my brother all came over for dinner. AND I COOKED! It was only tacos, but it felt nice to be back in my kitchen again. I've been watching the Food Network WAY too much since I've been home, and of course now I want to start cooking better when I have NO time.

1 comment:

Randi said...

Fun...date night!! What a great way to recharge your batteries! I remember those early days when Landon was sleeping 3 1/2 hours at a time. I promise it get's better:) I'm glad his eyes are doing better and I'm sure the pictures will look great. Can't wait to see em. I hope you find some cute outfits and enjoy your date night with your hubby:)