Tuesday, October 10, 2006

PICTURES

Gosh, you wouldn't think it would be so hard to steal a few minutes on the computer, but it is!!! Peyton is doing great, he is a very clam baby and doesn't cry very much. I hope that he stays this way!!! However, I still feel like a zombie. Getting up every 2 or so hours at night is NOT easy. My milk has come in, and my boobs are hurting alot. I realized in the hospital that I would have to use a breast sheild to nurse, so that isn't much fun...and I'm pumping alot b/c I'm worried he isn't getting enough milk. He should be getting 2-3 oz at each feeding, and I'm only producing about 1 oz per pumping session, so he wouldn't be getting enough food. He also kept having very wet diapers that would spill out and soak the bed and him! I was going through about 6 outfits a day, and I asked the doctor about it, and he said to make sure I pointed 'it' down. Sure enough, we haven't had a accident since.













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natalie, he's beautiful - congrats again.

And as far as how much you're getting pumping compared to how much he's eating, it's not an accurate estimate. Babies are much more efficient at nursing than pumps are at pumping, so don't let that be your guide. If he's producing enough wet diapers and gaining steadily, he's doing great.

I hope he continues to be a smooth, calm baby for you!C

Randi said...

OH MY GOSH!!! He's beautiful!! I love his skin color. He's just perfect:) I think he looks ALOT like Mommy!!

Maggie said...

He's absolutely precious!

It's funny that I wasn't the only one who didn't know to "point it down"...we had lots of accidents at first too!

As far as the milk worries, if he wasn't getting enough he'd probably be crying and acting hungry all the time. Don't worry - if he acts satisfied after eating (falling asleep is usually a good sign) then he's gotten enough.