Monday, October 16, 2006

Getting better

I think that I'm learning how to function on not enough sleep. Peyton is still getting up every 3 hours like clockwork, and we are usually up for about an hour before we go back to sleep. Yesterday and last night was the hardest day since we came home, he was very constipated and would ball up and scream trying to push out a pooh. He would then relax and about 30 minutes later it would happen again. we don't really know what caused it, but it was happening more after he ate the formula than when he had breastmilk, so we tried to give him as much breast milk yesterday as possible. I've been producing more milk now, so after each pumping and feeding he was content. I'm so glad I haven't given up on the breast feeding b/c that seemed to be the only thing that made him better yesterday. We did give him some gas medicine, and that might have helped some, but you really couldn't tell. This morning he finally pooed.

My body is killing me. I don't know if it is from lack of sleep or the fact that I spend way too much time in the bed. We usually get into bed at around 10pm and give him a feeding, and then go to sleep, and then the nighttime routine starts. I don't get out of bed until around noon the next day b/c it takes that long for my body to catch up on the lost sleep from the night before. Then I take at least 1-2 naps, so I'm in the bed alot. My nightly bath really helps though!!!

We also let Peyton sleep with us some last night, because of all the pain he was in, and I'm hoping we haven't spoiled him. This morning he didn't seem very happy when we put him back in his bed.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hang in there. Breastmilk is a lot easier to digest than formula and switching between the two may be a little rough on his system and might be the cause of the pain. You could always try moving his legs as though he is riding a bicycle to help with any gas or belly pain. Keep up the good work, he is beautiful.

Randi said...

Yes Yes...keep the breastmilk up:) Maybe switching him from Formula to BM messed him up a bit. I hope this passs soon for him:( Poor little man! I'm sure your doing a awesome job so far. And the nights do get easier, I promise. The first weeks are hard for everyone. Keep doing what your doing, he'll do just fine. Don't worry about spoiling him, your not. In the beginning when they are this little it's ok. Sometimes its the only way to get good sleep. (((HUGS)))