Friday, December 21, 2007

Please return to normal soon

The last week has been super crazy at my house. My sister had her baby, CJ had to stay a few nights in the ICU but he is doing just fine and at home now. The hospital was also very very good to my sister and did not make her go home. They let her stay in a room and labeled her as 'nesting', so she wasn't checked into the hospital or on the books, but she was there with him.

Then last weekend we had my niece's 4th birthday party - which was fun. But really, at Peyton's age, all I do is chase him around the whole time. And they had horse rides in the backyard, so I was a little nervous for him to be back there, so for most of the party we were in the play room playing all alone.

Sunday was Eric's family's Christmas b/c his sister has to go to Tennessee so we had it early for them. But her two boys were both sick with a stomach bug - however, one of the boys had come to Grandma's house before we all came - so the house was 'infected' by the time we got there. EVERYONE in the whole stinking extended family got sick. The more I think about it the more ticked off I get. I had to miss 2 days of work this week, two days that I should have been able to take next week, so I'm going to have to work next week - Ugh. But that really isn't the bad part. The bad part is your baby puking his guts out all over you at 3am in the morning. And then the next night (when you think all is well), having explosive diapers all night. NOT FUN. Eric got sick too, so he was out of work 2 days, and he doesn't have 'sick leave', so his check will be 2 days short of a full check. So this was just PERFECT! I think I have washed about 12 loads of laundry and used up about 2 jumbo cans of Lysol. Next time something like this happens, I'm leaving, or not going. I don't care what they say - it isn't worth it. If someone is sick with a stomach bug - WE ARE NOT GOING NEAR THAT HOUSE!

That being said, the Christmas was nice. But I have a whole other post I would like to do soon about Christmas. I'm having a really hard time with the REAL meaning of Christmas and how to make it feel right. I don't know. I just seems like everything is so much about presents. We have dinner and a prayer - but then it is all presents. We have gone to church the last few Sundays and to the special Christmas services (or will go to them) but I just don't know how to make it more about Jesus and the real reason why we celebrate. And maybe I'm having an even harder time this year because we are tight on money - but it seems like for the last few weeks all I have focused on is my Christmas list. What I'm buying, who I have bought for and what I have left to buy. I don't know, I'm sort of rambling here - this has just been something that I've been having issues with this year.

So, with that said, I have everything all ready for Christmas. I want to just relax and enjoy my family (E and Peyton) and then run around to all the family gatherings on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - then it will be back to work...and time to start looking toward 2008!

1 comment:

Epijunky said...

I'm a brand spankin' new reader, but I sympathize with you. My two year old, seven year old, husband (29), his mom, and his grandmother are all throwing up right now while I'm stuck at home, wishing I could take care of them (Well, at least a few of them, but that's another story).

I hope your little ones are feeling better.