I found out a few weeks ago that I'm anemic. Not all that bad of a diagnosis. It is the second time I've had this diagnosis, and I eat right and usually take a daily vitamin, so I'm thinking that i have some type of vitamin deficiency that is causing it and that it will probably be something I'll have to deal with for most of my life. I'm going to have to stop giving blood (probably), which is a bummer b/c i really take pride in doing that, I'm a red cross VIP. I also have to take iron supplements 2 x's a day, and they kind of make me feel icky. I'm hoping my stomach/system will get used to them after a week or two and I'll go back to normal.
i think that it might have gone away for a while when i was larger (had gained weight) b/c i had more blood and now that i'm getting back down to my normal weight, it has returned, not quite sure....
But, i have been feeling VERY tired lately. I've been being hard on myself b/c i thought that I had just gotten a little lazy - but the doctor said that my iron was very low and that could have been causing the tiredness. i'm hoping after a few weeks i'll be back to my old self and get my butt up off the couch!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment