For one of the scrapbook classes, we had to bring 4-5 photos of things that challenge us. These were the 5 things that I seem to struggle with the most.
1- Weight loss. I have been in a constant battle since Peyton was born to lose weight. And I still have 10-20 to go, and I have a feeling that it will take me all of 2008 to get it gone. Not really complaining, it is just a daily challenge for me. You slip up one or two days and the whole week is blown. You have to stay diligent every day to lose that one pound a week...
2-Finding daily time to study God's word. Heck, I have a hard time going to church on a weekly basis. We have gotten a whole lot better lately, and I have been listening to sermons daily in the car - but that still isn't considered devoted 1 on 1 time with God. I've tried to get up early and do daily studies, it just hasn't happened yet - and waiting until the end of the day when i'm so tired i can't even keep my eyes open isn't going to work either. this is a challenge i'm going to have to work on! Hopefully we will find our new church soon and I can join a bible study/prayer group and that will help get me on the right track.
3- Keeping my house clean. Oh boy - this is a toughie. every weekend I/we clean the house. by Tuesday - the kitchen is a wreck. after working all day and cooking, i really struggle to clean the kitchen. E helps, but we are both the same way. honestly, having a messy kitchen most nights is the norm for us and it doesn't bother us too much. it is when we have drop in company that I get really embarrassed. It is hard to do everything and be everything. I get all of about 3-4 hours awake at home each night, cleaning the kitchen for 30 min really isn't that high on my priority list. (photo is of my dirty kitchen, took on a dirty kitchen day on purpose)
4- Time. Oh wow. Where does all of my time go? I know one thing, this computer is one huge time suck. Of course, i don't seem to know how to live without the computer anymore. but i have gotten better about organizing my time. I can use improvements though. I really need help in the preparing food/grocery list department and i need to learn more slow cooker recipes. I need to cut back on the amount of crafts that i 'think' i can do and just stick to scrapbooking since it seems to be my favorite, etc.
5- And finally "ME TIME". I have gotten better at this too. thing is, after Peyton is in bed, when I could spend about an hour doing stuff for me, i typically would rather just get into bed myself. One thing that has really helped is starting up the scrapbook group that meets almost monthly for all day crops. that has really been helping me stay on track with my Scrapbooking and have fun me time! other things i would like to do - like a little sewing and learning more photography are to come. once Peyton gets a little older i can branch out more. but, i do need to challenge myself - even if it is only a few hours a week - to make sure to do something for me. (Photo is of my scrap area)
These challenges are things that i typically think about at some point on a daily basis. Maybe for the 'Me Time', 'Time with God' and 'Not Enough Time' (actually, it would probably apply to all of them) problems, i could enforce an 'no computer' day or something like that to try to get more done around here. Another challenge that I have that i didn't really want to talk about was I'm constantly in a battle inside with myself over if i'm doing everything right as a mom, but i think that is something all moms kind of go thorough, so i just try to push that aside. i know peyton loves me and he is a happy, healthy baby that is growing and learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment