Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Catching Up Again

So, here we are in April - and this is what, my 8th post of the year.  Sad, so very sad!  April is going to be my make it or break it month - either now or never.  Time to get back into this blogging habit or just give up.

Here is a picture of my Peyton at Easter.  He is getting so big! 

So, highlights from the last few months...

- We have started looking for a new church.  I'm feeling a major 'stirring' to get back involved in church again and I've been reading lots of Christian books, downloading sermons, listening to Christian music - and just trying to make more of an effort daily to seek the Lord in everything.  E is also having some major spiritual battles right now and I'm helping him (or trying to) fight that and point him in the right directions.  He is actually a very strong Christian so I'm really just here to listen and provide support when he needs it.  We love our current church, some stuff has just been happening and since we had kind of gotten out of the habit of going we aren't sure why many of the members have left.  Our church is also non-denominational - which is fine, but we were both raised Baptist, so we are just starting to look into some of the medium sized churches in the area b/c our church is very small and we want to go somewhere that will have more programs for Peyton for when he starts getting a little older. 

- Peyton is finally starting to say a few words - he can say ba (for ball), bye, yeah, and this (everything that isn't round is this).  He has made a lot of progress over the last few weeks and i think he is going to start saying more words soon.  I can tell he now trying to sound out sounds more - like ca for car - just in the last week or so, which is a major improvement since his 15 month checkup.

- My SIL had to have her thyroid checked out because she had a nodule on it, and when they were doing the procedure on Thursday they found cancer, so they had to remove the whole thyroid.  it was shocking and very scary.  She has been in the hospital since trying to get her calcium regulated, and she should go home soon, but she will have to be on thyroid medication for the rest of her life.  She is only 28, and if she didn't happen to have a lymph node that needed to be checked they would have never known about the thyroid problem. 

- I'm down 40 lbs now, and feeling great about it!  If I could just keep myself motivated i could probably lose this last 10 lbs faster!  I no longer have to shop in the plus size section and i can fit in a lot of my old clothes.  i do still need to do a lot of toning though.

- The next scrapbook crop is this Saturday - and it isn't looking like a ton of ladies are going to be coming, but I'm still planning on having tons of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Natalie, he is SOOO handsome. I love that you let his hair grow longer. High fives on the weight loss...very inspiring...vERY!!! That last ten will be off in no time. I am sure you feel great being able to buy sizes you have had your eye on for awhile. Congrats.