Monday, December 01, 2008

Scared

Today is the day Eric's mom goes in for her first chemo treatment.  Eric's sister is going with him to ask the doctor more details and get more specifics on Paula's cancer and find out what the plan for treatment is.  I did some reading up on Lung Cancer - and it is really scary.  It is one of the worst cancers to have, and one of the hardest to beat.  Lung cancer is very rarely caught in the early stages, and since they told her they couldn't operate - from the reading I'm doing I have a feeling it is stage 3 or 4.  I'm just scared.  Today is going to be another rough day.

The things I'm praying for hard right now are:

1.  For Paula to have a miracle and be healed - and live a long happy life.

2.  For this to bring the family back together.  We have one brother that doesn't come around the family at all...so I pray that this will heal all of our relationships with him and his family.

3.  For our one brother-in-law that isn't saved to become a Christian.  He is closest with Paula than anyone else in the family, and I hope that he comes to Christ and starts praying and believing through all of this.

No comments: