Ok. A more in depth post about my current predicament. Well, I was under the impression that I have had 3 (should have been 4 by now though) cycles since I came off of my birth control. Cycle 1 and 2 were approximately 30 days each, but lots of break thru bleeding, so it was confusing as when one cycle started and another one ended. Then Cycle 3 started in April, and I still haven't gotten AF since. So, last Monday, on day 50 of that cycle, I went to the doctor. He gave me some medicine to jump start my period, I have been taking it since last Monday - and the last dose is on Wednesday. Once I stop taking the hormone, my period should start within a few days. That will be a new cycle. 21 days into new cycle, I'll go back to the doctor for blood work to see if I'm ovulating on my own or not. He doesn't believe I have ovulated at all since coming off of birth control. So, If the blood work doesn't show that I have ovulated, then we will talk about doing a round of clomid next cycle to try and get me to ovulate - and the end goal is to get pregnant (obviously).
I'm really happy that my doctor didn't say something like - we have to wait 1 year before we will do anything, since that seems to be the practice of a lot of female doctors...but I think my history (and surgery to get pg last time) he understood that I'd probably have issues this time. So the bad thing - I will possibly need help to get pregnant. Good thing - he is willing to start helping me now. So I'm pretty excited and optimistic that I will hopefully get pregnant before the summer is over (please!) and have a spring baby next year.
1 comment:
yucko on the hormone hell - I'm just glad your doc is understanding and willing to jump right in there and get things going for you sooner rather than later! I'll say an extra prayer for you to be pg before you know it!
Post a Comment