Saturday, November 07, 2009

Down 6 lbs

Ok, I'm still on cloud 9 -down 6 lbs since Oct 25th.  I've been journaling everything I eat, to help me keep track and maybe see where I go wrong.  My sugar cravings are getting much better, if not almost completely gone.  I haven't had a Dr. pepper in over a week - that is the longest i've gone in a LONG time.  I'm also tracking how much I walk.  After tracking my average miles per day - wearing my pedometer for a few days w/o walking extra - the average was around 4-6miles per day.  So I've been trying to make it 7-8 miles a day as a goal to shoot for daily. 

This has been the best start to a diet that I have had in a long time.  AND I'm really feeling like this time is going to be different!!!  Don't want to jinx myself though, but it feels really good.

Food Journal (as of Friday Nov 6th)

Friday (Down 6.2 lbs)

Smoothie, 2 boiled eggs (egg whites only), low fat latte

Thanksgiving Dinner for lunch, with desert Dinner - Grits and a banana Snacks - dried fruit 100 cal pack

Exercise - only 6.05 miles - will try to walk more at home over the weekend to make up for it.

-----------------------------------------

Thursday (Down 5.2 lbs)

Smoothie, 3 apples, low fat latte

Mexican for lunch - about 5 chips, half a taco, enchilada, and rice

Dinner - 1/2 of a steak - so about 3-4 oz, and vegetable medley (broc, cali, carrots)

Snack - 1/2 of a slice of low fat, no sugar, apple pie (made it myself)

Exercise - 7.05 miles for the day. Didn't get to fit in any additional exercise, but I had 2 meetings in other buildings, so lots of walking to and from parking lots with bad parking (which I don't mind so much anymore)

________________________

Wednesday - 2 boiled eggs, smoothie,

4 cups cantaloupe, mashed potatoes, dried cranberries - about a handful

1 low fat latte

Cinnamon Life (cereal), 1 cup 1% milk

Salmon, Broccoli/Cheese/Rice (low fat, steamed birds eye brand) Sprite :( Apples, Low fat Yoplait Raspberry & Choc parfait.

Exercise -  Walked for 30 min extra - approx 1.5 miles, total of 8 miles on the day (pedometer)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday - 2 boiled egg whites, smoothie, 4 cups cantaloupe (mid morning and afternoon snack),

lunch - 1 cup lean chili, 1 low fat latte (from mix),

dinner - baked french fries w/small amount of lean chili,

snacks - one snack size milky way, smoothie

Exercise - 30 min walk (approx 1.5 miles)

Note - need to add more veggies. Today was a little more difficult, as I didn't cook dinner and ate leftovers. Didn't feel real well, but could have still had some steamed veggies. Will do better tomorrow.

No comments: