My todo list is just like everyone elses...by the time that I get stuff done, then list really isn't shorter because I have added alot of new stuff to the list. So many things still need to be done around the house...I want to get the guest room organized and the beds set up, our master bedroom still doesn't have any decorations (along with the rest of the house), and I really want to focus on getting all the *house* stuff done before we find out what the baby is. I know that once we find out what the baby is, I'm going to be putting alot of energy into getting the baby room decorated. I however, don't want the baby's room to be the only room in the house that is decorated. I also REALLY need to get my craft area organized. I had a desk built in to one of our bedrooms - the one that is currently being used for an office - and I need to get it organized! Oh, and don't forget the garage. Oh boy is it going to take a few days. Okay - I need to stop thinking about all the stuff that needs to be done.
Okay, and I have an obsession for going to yard sales, flea markets, and thrift shops. Some of my favorite furniture pieces are the ones from these places, that of course I haven't finished restoring yet, but they still look okay all old and beat up. I'll have to add some pictures of my projects sometime. Right now I'm refinishing an old china cabinet. I've already striped it, and have started repainting it. I just have to put the glass I had cut into the casing (I'm scared to do this - b/c I don't want to break the glass!), and I need to somehow get the shelves (that I still have to cut) to work because the 'studs' have been striped, and there were no shelves when I bought it. I need it to be sturdy, because I will be putting craft supplies and BOOKS in it. I think I might have to ditch out of work tomorrow after a few hours and head to the flea market. Oh, and now we have a truck again, and that is just NOT good for this obsession. When we had our last truck, at one point I completely filled up our garage with 'projects'. I do NOT need to do that ever again, for my sanity and for my poor husband who had to keep unloading and moving stuff...and never getting mad that we couldn't put our cars in the 2 car garage. I know. BAD!
Okay, off to Goodwill at lunch. Hope I find something special. You never know what will be there. I'm trying to drag a friend along, but no answer back yet. Michelle and Christina are both MIA. ;0
No comments:
Post a Comment