Wow. What an experience have these two weeks been. Very exhausing and rewarding at the same time. I have huge black circles under my eyes and I could easily sleep for days if given the chance - but my body is starting to get used to the night wakings b/c it isn't quite as hard to get up now. I've already dropped 20 of the 40 lbs I gained, and I'm hoping that the weight keeps melting off. Of course, I know that the last 10 or so will probably be the hardest. I still can't fit into some of my *honeymoon* phase maternity clothes, but I think it is b/c my boobs are bigger and my arms too. I just can't wait for this double chin to go away!!!
Peyton had his 2 week checkup and he is doing GREAT! He is now 8 lbs 1oz. So, he has gained a pound since we left the hospital b/c he was 7 lbs 1 oz when we left. His constipation did get better. I think the problem was the formula. We never actually bought any, we were just using the samples from the hospital. Well, we ran out of Simulac and then I used the Enfamil, and I think that is what the problem was. Once I started back the Simulac as the 'supplemental' feeding, he got much better. We also gave him 2 oz of water and that helped too. The doctor said he is doing just fine. Only problem is he has some tear duct blockage - but that will hopefully resolve itself. We have to keep cleaning his eyes b/c they get real 'crusty' like he has pink eye or something - but a few times in the last day or so we started to see some tears, so that is a good sign.
Eric is doing a great job helping me and getting lots of stuff done around the house. This Sunday he will be going to the Falcon's game, and it will be my first time alone with Peyton for more than an hour or two. I'm sure we will do fine!
I've only left the house three times since we got home with Peyton. Twice for his appointments and once for mine. My migraines started coming back when he was all of 4 days old, and I had NO medicine. Well, I had two pills, but that wasn't enough for my 3 day migraine, and I had to go to the doctor for them to refill the perscription b/c I haven't been in over a year. Not fun!
That's about it. Better go get some rest. ;)
3 comments:
Wow...two weeks already?!?! Man it flies by!! I'm glad he's doing so good and your loosing that baby weight, good for you! Breastfeeding does it I tell ya:) Rest up:) And enjoy your healthy boy! I can't wait to see some more pics of him;)
Good to hear that Peyton is doing well. (great name!) You can help with the tear duct blockage by massaging from the corner of his eye down the side of his nose.
Don't worry, you'll do fine by yourself. Good luck!
A toxic body results in numerous ailments. Millions of Americans suffer from arthritis, migraine headaches, obesity, allergies, acid reflux disease, high cholesterol, and heart ailments. All of these problems are rooted in toxins, metatoxins, and the debilities that result from an unclean digestive system.
Post a Comment