Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday...

Well, my 4th week of maternity leave is almost over. Can't believe my leave is 1/2 over. Only 4 more weeks and I'll be back at work. I'm sure that the time will FLY! Hopefully Peyton will be sleeping longer during the nights before I have to go back, or I will be a zombie at work.

Last night was a good night. Much deserved after 3 bad nights in a row. We did try and keep him awake more last night, and we gave him a bath right before his first bedtime feeding, and he went right off to sleep like a champ.

I'm still pumping, but it is getting hard. I so wish breastfeeding would have worked out better. I wanted to be able to nurse! I'm not saving any time or money. I haven't used the pump enough to cover the cost yet, and I'm only getting about 1/2 of the milk he needs for a day, so we are still having to supplement with formula. I know that I will never get the amount that I need pumping alone, so we will be supplementing the whole time. I just wish he would have latched on. And it is so hard in the night to feed him a bottle and then pump. That is why I started skipping pumping sessions - because I was too tired to pump at every feeding.

My goal originally was to breastfeed for 6 months, now I'm going to be pushing myself just to make it a week at a time. I'm really getting discouraged.

Date night was fun. We only went out to eat though. I couldn't put myself through trying on clothes at the mall. That would have been too painful. I had a really hard time trying to find something to wear out to eat, and I was trying to look pretty for Eric. Well, I was still wearing my maternity clothes, which is normal I believe, but I couldn't even fit into most of my maternity pants. I ended up wearing a pair of jean capris with a sweater. I'm sure I looked real cool. But I didn't cry! I might have wanted to, but I didn't. I just told myself that I know it is going to get better. However, I did do my hair and that made me feel better about myself. I haven't done my hair in months. My hair is naturally curly, so I've been letting it air dry for months now, but I do feel alot better about myself when I take the time to fix it. It really doesn't take long, so I shouldn't be so lazy about it.

Tomorrow we are going to Target. I've been wanting to go for awhile now, but I wasn't ready to take Peyton out to a public place like that. So, tomorrow might be his very first ever shopping trip. I want to get some different bottles to see if they help with his gas problems. His little halloween jumper doesn't fit either, so I'm going to see if they have something that does fit him. I'm also going to take my sweet time looking around. I want to get out of the house for a little while, and I love Target, so we should have some fun.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Leave flies by, doesn't it?! 8 weeks used to seem like such a long time, but not when you have a baby!
Pumping can be such a pain, it's so time consuming. When Oliver was first born he wouldn't latch either. I ended up spending as much time with the pump as I did with him. We kept trying to get him to latch, though, and now he's a pro! Have you kept trying to get him to latch? Some babies just take a while to learn it. Also, let hubby do one feeding while you pump, that way he can bond and you can get some sleep.

Date night is great! It's good to get out and have some hubby time without the baby. It sounds like fixing your hair is a quick easy way to pamper yourself, you should do it more often!

Target is the greatest! I could spend hours in there - and often do. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry nursing has been an issue. I know you must be so frustrated with it.

Have a great time at Target - that place always lifts my spirits.