Thursday, November 16, 2006

Mistakes

I think I have made a few mistakes with Peyton already. Getting him to sleep in his bed or bassinet has been near impossible the past week or so, and I know that it is my fault for letting him sleep with me so much. He started co-sleeping just occasionally, but then it started to be all the time. He sleeps so much more sound and for longer periods of time in our bed, so I started doing it for convenience.

Well, that has got to stop b/c I don't sleep as well when he is in my bed b/c I'm all cramped - and because I only have one more week before I have to go back to work.

He is NOT liking the crib AT ALL. I have to put him down 3+ times, and stand there patting his tummy for him to fall asleep. Right now, I'm only trying to get him to take naps in his room b/c it is just too much work at night when I'm tired. It is so much easier in our bed b/c he is such an angel. All I have to do is turn out the lights and he goes right to sleep beside me.

Cosleeping really is sweet though. He always wants to touch me - usually with his arm. If I'm too far for him to touch, he starts getting upset. The mother-son bond has really started kicking in more over the last week or two...and it is so sweet.

I don't really know what to do though. Should I let him keep sleeping with me until he is a little older or should I break the habit now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When Conner was sleeping with us, all I kept thinking was, "I can't wait until he sleeps on his own." Now if I try to get him to even nap with me, he won't, he wants his own space. I never thought I would miss co-sleeping but I do. So, having said that, do whatever you feel like doing. He's still young enough where it may be habit, but it won't be hard to break. Babies sleeping habits don't get solidified until 3-6 months. So if you can all sleep good together, then keep at it. Unless you really want your space back.