Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving...

Another Thanksgiving is here...and boy do I have more to be thankful for than EVER! Peyton has brought so much joy to our lives - and I'm so lucky to be given the chance to be his mother. And I'm thankful for Eric. He is a great husband and father. Gosh, I'm one lucky chica!!!

Thinking back a year - last year I had surgery on the Tuesday after thanksgiving because I couldn't get pregnant - and the doctor thought I had endometriosis. Which I did, along with a twisted tube one one side and a cyst blocking my other tube. No wonder I wasn't getting pregnant. Then two cycles later, BAM! And now we have Peyton.

Last year the day after Thanksgiving we also found out that Carlton, Eric's dad, had cancer. They caught it very early, and he had surger right after Christmas to remove it. He never had to do chemo, and he is just fine now. Praise the LORD!

My dad has been staying with us the last few nights - but I'm afraid he isn't doing too well. I can just tell he is different. Tomorrow he will go home and hopefully he hasn't done too much damage to have trouble getting 'back on the wagon'. I have a feeling he is never ever going to be free his problems in this town. If he stays longer than a day or two he gets real antsy, and I can tell when he slips up. But, enough about that.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: