Christmas this year was nice. The presents were very unexpected - and over the top for us. I got Eric a Sony camcorder - this is the one - and honestly, I didn't do a ton of research, I just knew that I had about $300 bucks to spend, $275 to be exact - and that was the one that was the best bargain in my price range. I wanted a camcorder that recorded onto the mini-DVDs, and this fit the bill. I had it all charged up and ready to go so that he could start using it immediately once he opened up his present. And I did get it for him, but really, it was a group gift for all of us - but I know that he will be the one using it the most as I mainly use the regular camera. But once he started using it, we were both amazed at all the features! The screen that you use to view the video while you are recording is completely touch screen - and that is how you maneuver to all of the menus. Very cool! Eric's two other small gifts from me were an Ernie Haase and Signature Sound DVD and two CDs, the 2007 WOW Christian Hits and the Casting Crowns new CD. Both CDs are very good - and provided us with great music during out trip to South Georgia on Christmas Day.
Peyton and Eric got a Mustang Remote Control Car from Mommy and a Nerf Like Rocket Launcher thingie that they can play with together in the back yard. Nothing too fancy...
From Santa, Peyton got all the little Mickey Mouse beanie dolls, and a larger Mickey doll. He also got the Cars Tent and Sleeping bag set and a Leap Frog Learning Game System. I also scored him a few deals over the year thrifting - which were a Little People Garage - Firehouse, a Weebles MiniVan/Bus, and a Mega Blocks Farm with some of the Animals. So far his favorites are the Mickey dolls, the Mega Blocks farm (along with the Blocks set he got from family) and the Weebles Minivan. He got so excited this morning when I broke out the Mega Blocks set for the first time, and then when I showed him that the blocks went with the farm - he was so happy. That is what is so fun about being a parent/mom. Seeing your kids get so excited about stuff like that and seeing them 'get it' - how he knew that the blocks when on the farm pieces.
However the biggest surprise of all was this...the Canon Digital Rebel XTi. Shock, total Shock. And it took about a day for me to get excited because I know that we didn't really have the money - but Eric got a Christmas bonus that covered some of it, and I'm getting my yearly bonus the first pay period in January - so I talked myself into it. I'm so excited. Eric bought it locally and paid about $100 more than we found it for online, and he bought the XT, so I found the XTi (which was the one that I wanted) for about the same price as he paid for the XT - so we took it back and now I'm anxiously awaiting the XTi it to arrive. I've been stalking the UPS tracking site - and it should arrive next Wednesday. Oh - I can't wait.
1 comment:
Yee-haw, how exciting! Have fun with your wonderful new camera! Too bad it's not a Nikon, ha-ha, KIDDING!!
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful and blessed Christmas:) Enjoy the new gadgets, both of you:)
Post a Comment