Saturday, November 28, 2009

Light Bulb

I had a revelation today! A big one. I haven’t gotten on the scale since Tuesday because honestly I was scared to see what it said! And today I finally did it, AFTER eating breakfast…and I’m down 1 lb since Tuesday. So a total of 7 lbs (maybe even 7.2). I reweigh'd myself about 10 times, just didn’t believe it. And that was after eating breakfast too!

Then while taking my bath it hit me –  I was having a really hard time the week of/weekend before my surgery. And I was actually eating pretty decent BUT I was not seeing the scale move at all. I was trying not to beat myself up, but I was maybe a little. Anyway, my cycle came on Tuesday and I have very long heavy cycles – so light bulb goes off – I might have actually been losing weight, but you couldn’t see it on the scale b/c my body was retaining so much fluid, and over this week it lost most of it, so now maybe I’m back to a more accurate reading. Does that make sense? I need to recognize these things, and not beat myself up over not seeing the scale move for a day or two (or week for that matter).

I can’t live by the scale. But that is so very hard. But I think I have said it before, ‘weight loss or not – I'm making better choices that are good for me and my family, and getting healthy is just as good as the weight loss’ – of course, weight loss is the reward for doing better.

Ok…I’m about to finish packing and head off for our night away! this is the first night away from Peyton since he was born (except for the night I was at Emory for my shoulder surgery – but that doesn’t count!)…we will be in ATL tonight - going to my Grandma's 'Atlanta Country Music Hall of Fame' induction ceremony and then saying the night and going to the Falcon's game tomorrow.  :) 

2 comments:

Donna said...

I hope you're having a great time! You should be there right now having a great time!!

Donna said...

hey, what happened to you... no posting anymore???? Hello???