Monday, August 20, 2007

7 Weeks

Only 7 more weeks until my baby boy will be one. I've been thinking about his birthday for weeks, and I'm already starting to stress it a little. I originally (and still do) wanted to do a Mickey Mouse party - but they don't have any 1st birthday related stuff - so I might just wait and do a Mickey party for his 2nd birthday.

And I have this 'itch' to make him something for his birthday. I usually make quilts or empty scrapbooks for all my nieces and nephews - but I have not made anything (at all) for my own son. I tried the stuffed animal a few months ago and that was a major flop - so I'm thinking about making some sleeping pants or a quilt. I saw a very cute quilt here I think, where she made a quilt with a pocket for a stuffed animal, that would be fun. I've also been looking for a special t-shirt for him to wear on his first birthday, but I haven't found anything 'just right' yet - so I might attempt to make him a special shirt. We shall see. Wish me luck.

I've also been thinking about #2 alot. I was pretty set on starting to TTC whenever Peyton is 18 months old. Well, last night I was thinking, he is almost 11 months now - so that is only 7 months away. YIKES! Thinking of it in those terms is very scary. So, I think we are just going to wait until it feels right, and I have a feeling that 7 months from now might be a little too soon. Of course, I'm the type of person that needs a 'plan', so I think I'll just plan to wait until he is around 2.

We are using the passy again at night - and the last few nights have been better. Not good - but better. When he was sick for 3 weeks straight, he couldn't use the passy b/c he couldn't breathe with it in, so we thought it would be a good time to just stop using it all together. We changed our minds over the weekend.

And a new rule at our house. Bath time must be at least 1 hour AFTER dinner. If we try to have a bath before that, we have 'accidents' that are not fun for anyone involved! Yuck.

No comments: