Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday Ramblings

Last week was rough, with my sinus infection and sinus migraines. I have had a migraine everyday since Wed. It will go away for a while and then come back in full force before the day is over. I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor Monday to get on some stronger allergy medicine to see if it helps, if not, I'll have to go on my daily migraine medicine again.

Other things that have been happening around here:
  • I think I'm getting the hang of this knitting thing. I've got about 8 rows on my 'practice' project done now. The first few look really rough, but you can tell I'm getting better. I think I should be doing this the left handed way though. I seem to be doing most of the work with my left hand, even though I'm learning to do it the right handed way. My goal is to eventually make Peyton a knitted stuffed animal. I would love to give him one for his birthday, but that isn't too far off, so maybe Christmas would be a better goal.
  • A long time ago we decided to try and sell off our land instead of our house. We have people constantly calling to get info and directions - but no one has made an offer. We are considering listing it with a real estate agent.
  • We have finally gotten somewhere with a lawyer to try and sue the guy that built our house. She thinks we have a really good case and is going to represent us for free - and we will only have to pay her if we win, which is great b/c we couldn't take the risk of a trial/lawsuit that we were having to pay for. If we do lose, we would be even worse off that we are now. Our main problem is our A/C (we haven't had a bill under $250 the whole time we have been here, and last month it was $330). We think the unit is too small for our house, so it is running constantly trying to keep up - and living in GA, you have to have a good a/c. We also have problems with our wood flooring. It is buckling and splitting in some areas. We contacted him within a few months of living here and he hasn't done anything about it. He also never provided us with all the receipts/invoices from the construction - and considering that we went $50,000 over budget, we want proof that he wasn't taking money from us - and to prove that we need all the invoices. He is going to be supenoed (i have no idea how to spell this, and spell checker isn't helping) to give us all that info - and she is going to supeno all the subcontractors to make sure the numbers match.
  • He also messed up the foundation - which made our house almost 200 sq ft larger than the plans, and we want part of the money that we went over due to HIS mistake back. And we want closure and for the nightmare to be over.
  • Our little league team is in the LL World Series. They have been playing on ESPN for the last two nights. Last night they lost though. It is cool to get caught up in the excitement!!! i have enjoyed the games and I hope they go all the way. Last year, the team from Columbus, GA won the Series, and they are the team that put our team out of the playoffs...anyway, it would be very neat for a GA team to win two years in a row.
  • Peyton slept better last night - but we still have a big battle to win with this sleeping issue.
  • Yesterday i bought a new pair of jeans - one size smaller!!! I was holding out for 5 more lbs, but since that seems to be taking forever b/c I'm having a hard time staying motivated, i decided to go ahead and get them. i think wearing the other pair so baggy was making me look bigger than i really am, so hope this will up my confidence some and help get me back in gear to lose more weight!

Well, I'm off to get some scrapbooking done while Peyton is taking his nap, then we are going to Eric's parents for lunch.

No comments: