Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another horrible night

Not only did I have a migraine, but Peyton was up 3 times. I'm getting migraines from not getting enough sleep (or I think that is part of the problem anyway). I don't know what to do. I've started dreading nights. What could have changed so much in the last few weeks? He has never been a great sleeper - but typically only once a night was how often he would wake up. And at least once or twice a week we had nights where he didn't wake up at all.

Onto another topic - I'm trying to learn how to knit. I've figured out the cast-on part, but the stitches are giving me tons of grief. My question to all you knitters - what size needles should I be working with to learn. I'm using large needles, I don't know what size, but they are about as fat as a pen, and they are pretty long - about 12 inches. Should I try a smaller size?

I also bought some embroidery needles yesterday at walmart - so I'm going to be participating in the embroidery lessons over at crafty daisies, go and check it out if you haven't already.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I'm just learning to knit, too!! The lady at the craft store recommended a size 8 or 9 for beginners. I also got a tiny version of knitting for dummies, and looked up knitting how to on utube

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the knitting! I hope you enjoy it - and Heather is very knowledgeable on this subject so I would ask her if you have any questions.

I hope Peyton settles into a more consistant and easy groove when he sleeps. I wouldn't worry too much as to the cause - so many changes happen b/w 6-12 months, and they're learning things at such a rapid rate, so at night it's like their little minds can't shut off. But for you comfort and sanity, I hope he settles down some and you get some much needed rest.