Monday, August 11, 2008

Another quick update

Peyton was re-evaluated by the speech therapist last Friday, and he has made some MAJOR improvements since his last visit at 15 months.  His communication skills have improved so much that he is only about 2-3 months behind now.  He is only two months from being 2 years old, and he can only say about 10 words - no where near the 50-100 average.   BUT, he is sooo close to getting more words and talking.  He uses what she called jargon because he carry on conversations with us which is mainly gibberish talk with a few real words here and there.  She thinks that a therapy for 3 months will really help him get over the 'hump' and we should see great improvements pretty quickly. 

We also set up his new bed.  We got him a full size because he tosses and turns so much, he is like a little tornado in the bed.  He has been sleeping with us ever since I got hurt in May - but that has got to stop soon.  We are getting horrible sleep!  Before he would sleep in his crib until about 2-3ish and then come to bed with us and it wasn't too bad.  I wake up at least 4-5 times a night now because of him.

Peyton can color like a pro now - in fact, he can color an entire coloring book in about 5 minutes.  He just scribbles a few colors on each page and it is done, and he is ready to move on to the next page.  He is also LOVING Blue's Clue's!

Eric and I have started going to Sunday School at our new church and we are enjoying it. We were both SUPER nervous the first day, but after that first class, we are both at ease going.  We have gotten the lesson books and everything.  This is a huge step for us, we have attended church pretty regularly since we got married - but this is the first time we have gone to Sunday School since high school!

My arm is getting so much better.  I'm only going to therapy 2 times a week now, and I can do just about everything with my arm now.  The only thing I have issues with now are lifting my arm above my shoulder.  I can't wait until I can actually do my hair again!!  Oh it will be SO nice.

No comments: