Friday, August 29, 2008

Last Sunday's Message

All last week I was very upset about the scrapbook store opening - or that is going to open, and how my timing just is off and how I have this constant 'pull' to want to open my own store.  I mean, I can see it, feel it, dream it, etc.  Reminds me of 'The field of dreams' - "If you build it, they will come". 

Anyway - the message last week wasn't really all about waiting on God's perfect timing (which is something that I constantly seem to struggle with), but toward the end it was, and it was so perfect!

The message was titled 'Sowing and Reaping' - Gal 6:7-10

- The question that I wrote down to myself at the beginning of the sermon was this, "What am I planting in my garden of life?"

He broke the sermon down into 3 parts...

1. You Reap what you sow - this part is pretty basic.  Sow good seeds, and sow them for the right reasons.  Don't sow works of the flesh.  Seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness!  Sow bad seeds - you will reap bad seeds.

2. You Reap MORE than you sow - just like in a garden, you plant one seed - it sprouts many flowers/plants.  So when we do the reaping, we reap more than we sow, this can be given unto us in blessings or burdens.  Luckily, God can forgive us of our 'bad' seeds that have been sown, as long as you have truly repented.

3. We Reap AFTER we sow - our seed doesn't always sprout when we want it too!  It might take longer for us to get what we want/have been working for, but we need to be content where we are and open our eyes/hearts/minds to the experiences and lessons that God wants us to learn while we are in that moment/time in our lives.  We are on his timeframe, not his - it is when we start trying to do our own leading that we end up straying from his path for our lives and messing things up. 

So - the key is to constantly water and plant seeds and trust in God!  Part 3 really spoke to me.  Our preacher didn't become a full time minister until 2001 - but he was finished with all his schooling and felt the calling in 1985.  He had almost a 20 year wait before he became a full time minister and saw that dream come to fruition. 

Maybe one day I will have that store if it is really in God's plan for my life.  We will see.  I need to stop worrying and be content.  I can work toward it, but I need to stop being sad and be content and know that I'm blessed right where I am at right now!

No comments: