Down today. Very down.
Today my scale must have been wrong. It has to be, right? I've gained back 2 of the lbs that I've lost. So, I was down 10, now I'm only down 8. I was doing so good. The stinkin' Super Bowl really hurt me. We ordered pizza and I made dip, so of course we can't let the leftovers go to waste can we? Of course not! Well, I'm re-dedicating myself TODAY! Who cares if I have to throw away a few perfectly good slices of pizza? It isn't worth feeling like this.
I have been consistently losing about 2 lbs a week. And on the weekends I'm usually not very good. Especially on Sunday. So, I thought that maybe if I try harder on the weekends, that I could maybe lose 3 lbs a week. That was my thinking last weekend. But look where I am now. Up 2 lbs. I'm really hoping that they aren't really 'back', but regardless I don't like it.
So, this is what I've been doing. I've been eating protein bars (I like the slim fast ones best) in the morning and about 1/2 the week for lunch. I have also been eating snacks about every 2 hours, and usually the snacks are granola bars, pretzels, or 100 calorie packs (my favorite). The 100 cal packs come in so many great flavors, oreos being my favorite. Then I eat a good dinner, I try to get 1/2 my plate full of veggies, 1/4 meat and 1/4 starch (potatoes, rice, etc).
Thing is, I'm still eating bad probably once a week for lunch and once or twice a week at home. And usually Sunday's are the hardest. I don't think this is too bad though, because if I didn't slip up and indulge a few times a week, I don't think I would make it very long on any type of eating plan/diet. Eric is doing awesome too. He is down about 6 more lbs than me, and we started at the same weight.
As for working out, that is something that I really need to do better with also. I have been to the gym 3 times a week for the last 3-4 weeks, but I'm not working out anywhere near the level that I used to work out. I think I'm going to have to start doing the aerobics classes again. Whenever I've been my healthiest weight and maintaining it, I was doing aerobics almost every day.
So, hopefully typing this is going to help me break out of my little pity party and just keep going in my journey. Once again, my goal is 20 lbs by March 15th, and 50 lbs in 2007. Gooooooooo Mmmmeeeeeeeeee!
1 comment:
I think your plan is great, and don't worry about those 2 lbs, its probably water weight from the sodium in the pizza meats.
You will totally meet your goals!!! and I'll be here cheering you on!!
Post a Comment