Peyton is now 15 lbs 3 ozs and 25.5 inches long. He is in the 90% percentile for height and 95% for weight. The doctor said that he is probably just going to be a very big baby/boy and that he is growing fine. I know that the numbers seem high, but he really isn't fat at all. Of course, I think that he is just perfect.
Yesterday morning we tried feeding him cereal for the first time. He didn't eat any of it. He just kept spitting it out, so I put it in a bottle for him to finish. They said not to put it in a bottle or he won't learn how to eat out of a spoon, but I'm going to try to feed him everyday with the spoon and I think it will be okay for him to get it in the bottle AFTER I try with the spoon. Eventually he will get the hang of it.
I'm also worrying about the cereal fattening him up too much, so i think that for this first month we are only going to do the cereal once a day. I mean, lots of mom's don't even do cereal or baby food until after 6 months, so I think once a day will be enough.
The doctor also said that he should only get cereal and stage 1 fruits until his next visit. I've just heard from so many people that you should start your baby out on veggies so they like them, because the fruits are sweet and so much more yummy. If they start on the fruits they might not like the veggies. So, i'm going to read up on this a little more. I'm hoping to give him some baby food in a few weeks. I've already bought about 10 jars.
Oh, and he can ROLL OVER!!! Ms. C told me that he was doing it at her house a few weeks ago, but I have never seen it. Well, when Eric took him to the doctor, he rolled over on the table while he was examining him. The doctor said, "Can he roll over?" and Eric said "Almost." Then the next thing that happened was Peyton rolling from his back to his stomach and then showing the doctor his very good impression of a swimmer with his legs and upper body arched up. I've also heard that rolling from back to stomach is the hardest, but it seems that is the only way he has rolled so far. I can't wait to see it myself. Eric took him to the doctor, so I didn't get to see it.
Then my poor little guy had to get his shots. This time he is quite swollen on one leg and Friday night he was not in a good mood. He would cry every time I put him down, and he slept almost all afternoon and night. He had a small fever and was sweating alot, which made me sweat - but luckily I got him to sleep in his bed after about 9ish. Not a very good night, but at least I could make him feel better whenever he was upset. He was happy and content just laying on my chest and slept like that for hours.
2 comments:
wow, what a big boy!! He difenately doesn't look fat at all. Those pictures are adorable.
The cereal experience is fun, isn't it? We're doing the same thing as you are...just feeding him cereal once a day. Although, he takes it from the spoon and loves it. Don't worry Peyton will get the hang of it. Like all things it takes practice. It's kind of odd that the dr. would tell you to start on fruits first. Everything I've read and what our dr. told us was that you start green veggies first (peas, green beans) then yellows (squash, carrots) then you can start fruits. Watch out though, we fed Oliver peas once and his diaper was GROSS and smelled like peas.
Amazing that he can roll over! That is so exciting.
He's getting so big and of course he's perfect :)
We chose not to do cereal too much, since they are empty carbs. But they are important to do for allergies. I find they constipate Elizabeth too, so watch for that!
Don't worry about them preferring fruits to veggies, I've heard that's a myth (my dr told me the order didn't worry) but you'll have to do what works for you guys!
Congrats on the rolling over - what a fun milestone :)
Hope Peyton is feeling better!
Post a Comment