Just my luck - a 3 day weekend and I'm sick - sick with a yucky head cold that has me blowing my nose like every 5 seconds. Peyton is sick too - and I'm sure that he is the one that got me sick. One thing that is different between the two of us though - he is still slap full of energy, while I just want to lay on the couch.
I did manage to clean the kitchen this morning, but it already looks like a complete mess. What is up with that??? Am I the only person who's kitchen is impossible to keep clean? I think I could just give up completely - and it might (maybe) look exactly the same at the end of each day! It is hopeless!
On another topic - I'm really having issues with this waiting 2 years (well, until May 2010) to get pregnant. It isn't getting any easier on me. Well - some days are easier, but whenever I think about it, it is rough. It is also time for me to get another depo shot, which is another reason it has been on my mind all weekend. I'm sooooo tempted to not get that shot. I don't know. I had another great checkup at Emory on Monday - and I was released from therapy on Tuesday. Don't go back to see my doctor for another 3 months. I really think I'm going to be fine! Of course, I'm probably going to get the stupid shot again and just deal with it. We really could afford the extra daycare right now anyway. I just really don't want my kids to be like 5 years apart! 3 was going to be good. And it took me a year to get pregnant last time.
I don't know, I've been emotional about this lately. We had pretty much decided on our Anniversary for me to just not get the shot the next time (which was in June) and not try - and just see what happens. Then 6 days later I broke my arm and everything happened. Originally the plan was to wait until May 2009 to try for a 2010 baby. Maybe we will just wait until the to decide what to do.
I'm just struggling big time. I feel kind of like if I do get pregnant before the two years, that maybe I'm interfering with my 'path' that is being set for me. I really hope and pray that I never have to worry with the tumor again...ever, and in my heart I believe I'm healed.
Ugh!!!!!!
3 comments:
If it is your "path" to get pregnant then the depo shot won't be able to prevent it! Don't worry, you'll have a baby when it's time. Think how much more of a help Peyton will be if they are 5 years apart - it's super hard having a newborn and a 2 year old!!
Oh yeah, and my kitchen is a prepetual mess, too. I think it's just the way of kitchens when you have a kid!
Hi Natalie, how are you? I can definitely relate on how hard it is being told you must wait to do something so important in life. I would have loved for my children to be close in age but now my daughter will end up being 5 by time I can even try again. I am also debating if I even want to try anymore. I have been through so much pain and heartache because of this tumor. My Dr actually said I should wait 2-3 years but if we decide to try it will be next August, God willing!!! You are still so young, if I were you I would wait. I am here if you need someone to vent to and there is also this board I go on, it is like a support group of GCT patients the link is http://giantcelltumor.ning.com. I have been tryng to find someone who has had children AFTER being diagnosed with Giant Cell Tumor and I can;t find not one person!!! It s just crazy...good luck.
It amazes me that kids can be sick yet still have full on energy! That is one of my greatest mysteries I can't figure out. Why can't we still have tons of that stuff when we feel terrible!?
As for the trying topic. If it's meant to be, it will be. God has a perfect plan for you and your family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you decide what to do with what He lays on your heart. I know how hard waiting can be:)
Post a Comment