Sunday, March 15, 2009

A little down

I really don't have a reason to be 'down' - life is going great mostly.  But, I've been kind of sad about how my Uppercase business has been going.  It was going so well before Christmas, then it just sort of 'died'.  I didn't think I was ever going to get a party again, much less a recruit.  I remember how extremely excited I was to get started, and I just thought this was going to be so big.  And it did help pay for Christmas last year, and a few other things, but now I'm worried about even making my quarterly quota.  I'm only $15 bucks short, so I'll probably put in an order myself. 

What has 'stirred' this up, is that major announcements have just been made -  Uppercase lowered all the quarterly sales quotas for demonstrators higher than associate (I'm at the associate level)...AND bumped people up by making the requirements for advancement lower.  Thing is, I still have no recruits.  Don't think I ever will at this point.  Without at least 2 recruits under me, I do not get ANY leads from the Uppercase website.

Some great things have just been released though - etched glass vinyl (great for glass and mirrors) AND chalkboard vinyl.  YES!  Now you don't have to use that horrible chalk board paint!

I've also been considering adding another direct selling company under my belt - and just promoting it on the side at my Uppercase parties.  Not sure, we will see.  Many of the makeup companies don't have the quarterly quotas like the other direct sales companies.  I might meet with a Avon rep tomorrow.

I just have the scrapbook trip coming up - the first weekend in May.  I was really hoping that I could make enough sales before then to pay for the room and some scrapbook goodies.  I have $250 bucks or so in my Uppercase checking account right now, but I need at least another $100 or so to pay for the room.  I could make it if I could just get one good party, or two 'ok' parties.

My website is http://natalie.uppercaseliving.net (in case you wanted to take a look around).

No comments: