Monday, March 02, 2009

What a find

*This is my first attempt to post via email*

I went to Goodwill today at lunch to kill time pretty much, and look for some great deals. Most days, I leave empty handed. Today was one of those awesome days were they actually had stuff I needed and wanted! A ‘large’ lady like myself must have donated her whole Maternity wardrobe, because there was a ton of 1X and 2X pregnancy items. I bought 2 pairs of pants and 4 shirts. I have lots of XL and 1X items from the last pregnancy, but they were mostly summer. So I’m hoping that this time we will have a spring baby and I will need some more wintery clothes. I got all that for about 25 bucks, and when I was pg last time, one pair of pants would cost more than that. So I was happy with that find.

Then I got a electronic book for Peyton. The kind that has the buttons you press for sounds as you read the book. He will love it.

Then I found the best deal of the day. A Singer Serger. For only $15 bucks. STEAL. It isn’t a large serger, it is a smaller one, but it is a serger none the less. I don’t make clothes anymore, and haven’t in a while, but I always said that if I had a little girl it would be so fun to make her ‘boutique’ like clothes. I figured, for $15 bucks, even if I don’t use it and end up selling it on Ebay, it will be worth a shot.

So I spent way more than I should have (went in with $20 in my pocket). But I couldn’t turn down the clothes when I know how much maternity clothes cost (and we will hopefully be needing them again somewhat soon). I’m actually contemplating going back and buying more of the clothes that were on sale, but I don’t think I need to spend more money. At least not until Thursday when I get paid again.

And on another note, I’m thinking of opening an Etsy shop with some scrapbook goodies. I have seen a couple really cool altered book ideas, and I’m thinking about making a few to see if they sell. Not sure yet. I get all excited about stuff, then when it comes time to actually do it, finding the time is a whole other story.

No comments: