Thursday, March 19, 2009

Re-organized

This is my clean(!) and re-organized scrapbook area reveal.  Before the reorg, I had embellishments and stickers/letters in boxes and different areas all over the desk.  I had my scrap paper box on top of the desk, and the desk was a huge mess.

So, here is the desk.  You can see I have a string with my favorite pictures hanging from it across the back - got that idea out of a pottery barn magazine.  Then I have my white making memories vertical paper organizer - where I keep a few of my latest purchase and favorite papers - beside that is my tote, that has all my tools in it.  A few small jars along the back of the desk for small items - like brads and buttons.

Then the center has my cutting board, magazines, notebooks, etc - and usually whatever I'm working on at the moment.  Then on the left, that was my new purchase that started this whole project.  Two 3 drawer 'cabinets'.  I decided to organize all embellishments by color.

The top 3 are - Clear/Unfinished, Theme (christmas, disney, etc), and Metal.  I was surprised how many metal embellishments I had.  Then the 2nd three boxes are Red/Pink/Orange/Purple, Blue/Green/Yellow, and Black/White/Neutral.  So far I'm LOVING this.  All I have to do when I want to make a page, is take out the drawer and search for stuff to put on the layout, instead of searching around all my boxes, drawers, nooks and hobby lobby bags, etc for my stuff.  Only problem is, I don't know how this will work out for crops.  We will see tomorrow night.  Right now the plan is to just take one of the drawers - probably the blue drawer and leave the rest at home.  If I have to wait to finish a layout later, that will be ok!

Here is where my scrap paper is now, it is still in the box, but it is in a drawer - which frees up more space on the desk.

You can see more pictures on my flickr page - http://www.flickr.com/photos/peytonsmom

No comments: