I had to leave work early today b/c Eric’s papa fell and was put in the hospital, so he went with his mom to check on him in south Georgia…so I have had more times on my hands today then normal, and I wasted most of it on this stinking computer. Grrrr. Trying to figure out how to convert my .mpg movies into .mov so i can view them on my iPod - without having to play $30+ for a converter. I did make a cute movie of all my movie clips from Peyton's first year though. It is nice, even with a title and credits and everything. I can't believe how easy it is/was.
I’m reading the 'I can do this' diet book – and it is going through the 7 habits of highly effective losers. Habit #6 – stay consistent with your eating habits. He tell of this guy who lost 100 lbs. Went on a cruise and gave in to every food temptation and ate like he used to for 7 days, gained 20 lbs in 7 days, then never got that off and ended up gaining back all 100lbs. I feel like that guy. I’ve told the story to you too many times, but I lost 44 lbs. FORTY FOUR. Then what happened, 5 inched back, then before I knew it, 30+ pounds were back. And all I do is lose weight, then gain it back.
I hate to say this, but I think what I need to do is not get obsessed necessarily, but make it an ALL IN IT mission. As in, I ‘know’ I can have a dr pepper one day in the future, but not today, tomorrow or for the next X months while I lose weight. Just this week I had one, and then you know what, I have had one for the last 3 days! I went weeks without one, then once I cave, I binge.
On a positive note – a great little quote in the book…
“The new 10 is the old 12”. Even though our society is getting BIGGER (33% obese or overweight) – the clothing sizes are getting SMALLER. So just think, I'm really not in the plus department - haha...
Oh, and one last thing in this book…
He strongly advises against weighing everyday during the losing weight phase. He said that getting that bad weigh in can be a trigger. And weighing only 2x a week for example is the better way to go.
However, in the maintain phase, he advises you to weigh Everyday…because then you can see the slight increase of a lb or two after a big dinner or special event, and then adjust accordingly to exercise more the next day, eat less, etc – and get back on track. This is critical to keep the weight off long term.
Here's to a great weekend!
1 comment:
you may have to teach me the movie thing ;o)
I have a few tools to convert to other formats - not sure what would be recognized on ipods/phones though...
Post a Comment