If we get pregnant this month - the baby's due date will be around Thanksgiving - depending on when (and hopefully I will for sure) ovulate. I'm on the same medicines I was on last month and I ovulated, and he added a medication called Metformin - which will help to regulate my cycles some more, so I'm hopeful. I have PCOS (Polycycstic Ovarian Syndrome) and I'm overweight, and 80% of the women that have PCOS that are over weight have some form of insulin resistance, which makes ovulation more difficult - along with other things like facial hair (oh the horror) and trouble losing weight. I had done research and was actually going to ask the doctor to put me on the Metforim (a blood sugar mediciation) when i went in for the ultrasound to check my ovaries - but before I could even ask he suggested that we add that to my medications. I have already noticed a small change in my 'cravings' and my 'want to eat constantly' tendencies.
Oh and I ordered more pregnancy and ovulation tests online - this is the 3rd pack I have ordered - hoping it is the last. they have like 50 OPTs and 15 HPTs or something like that. Well, this time the package had a little 'present'. It was a temporary tattoo - a heart, with the word hope. Something that sounds so simple - maybe even bore line corny - but I put that thing on my hip bone area, like it is a good luck charm or something. I smile every time i see it...starting to wish they would have sent more than one ;)
I went to a baby shower last week at work for a friend, and it was hard. Baby showers are hard. Hearing that yet another friend is pregnant is hard. Having Peyton ask for a baby brother is hard.
And I get down. Not daily. but about once a month when it is obvious that I didn't get pregnant. And each month is getting a little bit harder. Last month was REALLY bad until I got the results from the 2nd blood test that said I actually DID ovulate. When I got the results saying that I didn't, I was so upset that I left work early that day. Hopefully it will happen soon. This is officially the 13th month - so we are into the 2nd year of trying, and I pray that this journey is coming to an end soon. Praying to see that 2nd pink line this month :) And Praying for strength in the case that I don't. And thanking the Lord daily for Peyton and the wonderful blessing he has been to us...
No comments:
Post a Comment