Thursday, July 06, 2006

Great 4th!

Yesterday I wrote a long blog about our 4th of July. Of course, blogger barfed on me so it didn't get posted. So, I will summarize today.

On the 4th I was so lazy. I didn't get dressed all day! I did get a few things done, but nothing like I had planned. Eric bought a $6.00 fireworks pack from Walmart, so we have fun for about 15 minutes shooting sparklers and strobe light type things. It was exciting for a few minutes at least. Our neighbors however, had a huge party and must have spent about $1000 on fireworks. For about two hours straight they were shooting BIG fireworks. The kind that you see at the fireworks shows. Now, they were only doing them one at a time, but it was still a nice show. We watched for a while, but the bugs were eating me up.

I didn't get much done on Tuesday, but Monday night, I did A LOT! I completely organized the office AND sorted through all the hand me downs and yard sale finds that I have collected over the years. Tons of baby clothes. Two big huge piles that are about 3 feet tall are in the middle of his floor now. I really think that I have enough clothes to not have to buy any baby clothes at all until he is around 2 or 3. And I had 3 trash bags full of goodwill donations, AND two huge bags full of girl clothes. I was going to group up all the girl clothes and sell them on ebay, but when I started sorting them out, they are just too darn adorable to let go. Alot of them are name brand clothes, and some even have tags on them. A few are even those dresses that are like the kind you buy in boutiques for about $60 each, so I'm definitely keeping those. So, just two more bags of clothes to go up in the attic.

Now I have the task of organizing all the boy clothes that I want to keep into sizes, and then I'm going to buy some new storage containers for them. Tons of newborn clothes, up to 1 year. I hope I get some bigger sizes at our shower. Oh, and I need to get TONS of those baby clothes hangers. I'm going to upload some pictures of his room as soon as I take them. Of course, the room isn't finished, but I want to get pictures of the huge piles and the mess that his room is in now.

Well, now that my 4th holiday has passed, I'm already looking forward to the next holiday in September!

No comments: